Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

All night Debs - not for my daughter!

re : All night Debs - not for my daughter!           reply
15/05/2007 10:19 - Debs Dance
-----------------------------------
I´m with Ann on this - think you should let her stay out the night as long as it is agreed where she will be - after all there is nothing that she can´t get up to after 2.30am that she could just as easily get up to before 2.30a.m.! - its a matter of trust.

13/05/2007 21:12 - Debs Dance
Fraid to say ´yes´ I think you might be from the Ark! It does seem to be an all night event now, a bit like the Trinity Ball. Do you trust your daughter and her friends? What do you think they will get up to? Has your daughter given you any reason not to trust her being out? Why not talk about it all and how she should deal with different situations, after all if she is finishing school now and going to start college or work then she is old enough to be treated like an adult, she will probably be the odd one out if you insist she comes home before all her friends and their plans may even change by then and your worry will have been for nothing. In any case I think it´s better to discuss it rather than laying down the law and come to an agreement and so keep the lines of communication open.

All night Debs - not for my daughter!           reply
13/05/2007 15:39 - Debs Dance
Am I really from the Ark like my daughter says? Here debs is coming up this summer and she and her friends tell me they will be staying out all night for the debs, that is they will be at the debs dinner, followed by disco, a party in someones house and then on out to breakfast. I´ve said no, she has to be in by 2.30 am but it does look as if I´m the only parent applying this restriction - am I being unreasonable?

09/08/2007 11:16 - Debs Dance
I´m sorry but if you stop your daughter from staying out with her friends your only encouraging her to lie to you like saying something like, "i´m stayng in a friends house " and then she will be out all night and you won´t know, so wouldn´t it be better to know what she is doing??????

discussion forum terms & conditions

;