Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Am I being paid enough??

re : Am I being paid enough??           reply
29/09/2013 19:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Tell her you cant put down your price you pick these kids up feed im sure and she should be giving you 40 euro for two kids not ten euro less..

re... : Am I being paid enough??           reply
21/09/2013 11:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
you are no way paid enough. you should be getting double what u are getting

Am I being paid enough??           reply
04/09/2013 15:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Cork)
Hi all. I mind 2 children for a family member, aged 6 and 3 (almost 4). I minded both since babies and at the time I gave the mother the rate (family rate) of €25 a day when they had their second baby I charged plus 50% which meant €37.50 for them per day, 5 days a week. Dropped to me in the morning at 8.30am and collected again around 5.20pm.... Now child number 1 is in senior infants and child number 1 has started Montessori. They are both still being dropped off to me at the same time 8.30am, I bring them both to school and also collect them 2 trips that I wouldn´t be doing otherwise. 12pm finish in Montessori and senior infants finish at 1.40pm. I mind the kids until they are collected at 5.30pm... Sometimes and its not always I mind them longer as one of the parents are held up in meetings, or I take them an hour later when one of the parents is away training for a week. The mother had a discussion with me to drop the rate as the children are in school now ie I don´t mind them so much. And wants to pay me a rate of €30 per day now. This is a rate I charge my friend for her 2 children part time hours 8.30 til 1.30pm. I know this is not a lot but I just want to hear from other childminders or parents, what do you think? And what you would charge if it was you. Thanks in advance.

09/09/2013 08:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
you are definatly not paid wnough and been taken advantage off, you should get 5 per hour for 2 children as its a family member, if they didnt have a family member to mind the kids they wld be payin 8 an hour so definatly ask for more money

05/09/2013 08:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I think that´s very little your basically getting 2 euro per hour per child. Maybe if you charged 4 euro per child because its family I mind 3 children and charge 12 euro an hour

discussion forum terms & conditions

;