- Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Am I the employer????

re : Am I the employer????           reply
08/01/2013 15:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
No, if the minder is minding in the minders home then she is self employed & therefore her tax affairs are her concern & nothing for you to worry about. For example I am self employed & the parents I work for pay me in cash however I am registered for tax & send off a return every year as required.
As for hols, that´s up to whatever the minder sets out in her contract. I personally don´t charge for any time off that I take as my service is not open & parents might have to pay someone else to step in. However if my service is open then I expect to be paid whether the child is sent to me or not. This is set out in my contract. I do know some minders that ask for a certain amount of paid holidays in their contract. It´s really up to whether the parents are happy with the conditions I suppose. I hope that helps :-D

Am I the employer????           reply
07/01/2013 16:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
If my child is minded in the childminders own home am I the employer and liable for prsi etc? I´m sure this has been asked etc before. From what I have read technically the childminder is responsible for declaring her income etc but I should pay for holiday days etc. Thanks

re : Am I the employer????           reply
08/01/2013 15:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
childmider in her own home is self employer
a nanny / childminder in your home ,you are the the employer.

discussion forum terms & conditions