Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Are teenage disco's a bad idea with swine flu epidemic

re : Are teenage disco´s a bad idea with swine flu epidemic           reply
12/08/2009 16:00 - Teenage Issues
-----------------------------------
With swine flu so much in the news I would imagine most parents would be conscious of the risks. But you´re right, teenage discos would be a real breeding grounds for the spread of the flu - especially given the amount of snogging that goes on! I think it´s up to parents to issue a ´health warning´ to their kids and where age appropriate, not give permission to go to discos at the moment.

Are teenage disco´s a bad idea with swine flu epidemic           reply
12/08/2009 00:43 - Teenage Issues (Locality: Dublin South)
Hi, I´m concerned about teenagers attending disco´s. I´ve read 3 Gaeltacht colleges in Donegal closed because of rapid spread of swine flu between the 14 to 16 year olds. Should the HSE issue a health warning to advise parents?
Fussy mother

re : Are teenage disco´s a bad idea with swine flu epidemic           reply
09/03/2010 13:49 - Teenage Issues
you are lucky that you have at all disco at your school, my son is new to Irish schools we moved to Cork this year and he is very sad as he is 14 years old and for all this year they don´t have any disco at his school but he used to have them in States.

re... : Are teenage disco´s a bad idea with swine flu epidemic           reply
24/11/2022 10:19 - Teenage Issues
I think you should just send your teenager anyway, a bit of swine flu will be good for the little booger! It’s a rough world out there! And there are many swines in this world your kid will have to deal with in the future ! Xoxo love from cheeky mamma

discussion forum terms & conditions

;