Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Automatic External Defibrillator, more commonly known as defibs or AED,s

re : Automatic External Defibrillator, more commonly known as defibs or AED,s           reply
21/11/2009 23:43 - Introduce Yourself
-----------------------------------
Hello, I am currently a firefighter/paramedic who has been in EMS for almost 15 yrs. All too often do we get to see the other side of things when an AED is not available, Not to mention cardiac arrest kills almost 1000 people a day including almost 5000 kids a year. Only good quality CPR and an AED can help with cardiac arrest. AED should be mandatory in ALL public places including all schools and daycares. If any more information is needed, please contact me @ tom-cardiac-advantage.com. I do offer the ZOLL AED PLus defibrillator to schools , churches and daycares including fundraising charities for cost.

Automatic External Defibrillator, more commonly known as defibs or AED,s           reply
18/11/2009 16:17 - Introduce Yourself (Locality: Kerry)
Hi there im a Parent of 2 children, the eldest has started school this September.I decided to get involved with the Parents Council and I am researching into getting a Defib for the school which would benefit pupils, teachers and parents.Is there a grant available or any type of funding to help with this .Or will the school have to raise the money itself.Any feedback much appreciated.

re : Automatic External Defibrillator, more commonly known as defibs or AED,s           reply
12/04/2010 13:52 - Introduce Yourself
Hi
we offer medical malpractice cover for users of AED´s. I have come across groups in the community that provide training for free, check with your GGA club or local associations to see if they have any info. From talking to school secretaries, you will have to fundraise for the cost of the defib. Alot of suppliers offer packages i.e. defib + training for a certain number of people. I belive CROI can offer the defib on its own, if you can find someone will can do the training.

Best of Luck
Seanog
www.future.ie

discussion forum terms & conditions

;