Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

CBC Monkstown

re... : CBC Monkstown           reply
08/05/2014 22:06 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
My son is in fourth class in CBC Monkstown and I am very happy with his experience there. Small class sizes, plenty of personal attention, great teachers. He looks forward to going to school every single day, and that says a lot :)

11/05/2014 18:12 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Fantastic school where they can progress through to the Senior school seamlessly. It´s a school that the boys are all proud of and feel at home in. Small classes mean they get more attention educationally and the principal knows all the boys.
We were lucky to have a local school that ticked all the boxes (well except for the religious one - it´s a Catholic school and we´re not! But that´s never been an issue either).
Recommended

re : CBC Monkstown           reply
27/02/2008 20:45 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I sent my sons there and its a very good school. Very good Leaving Cert results, one of my son´s year were the 3rd best in Ireland in sending pupils to college and best boy school overall(2005). Not in the Blackrock College league of rugby but are improving(semis this year) and have a vareity of other sports. They also do the musical collababration with Loreto Foxrock which is very enjoyable in TY. Fees are going up though, I think its 4000 at this stage but there should be a new school built in the next 2-3 years which will be very modern from what I saw in the school and have heard.

Go to www.cbcmonkstown.ie has more on the school. I´d recommend it for your child.

CBC Monkstown           reply
07/02/2008 22:51 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Are there any opinions out there on CBC Monkstown? I´m new to South Dublin but have heard reports on most of the schools in the general area -except Monkstown. It seems to have a low profile compared to some of the other schools. Can anyone offer some first-hand knowledge?

27/03/2014 09:53 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
We recently moved to Dun Laoghaire and brought our son on a tour of CBC Monkstown Junior School. The staff were friendly and the kids seemed really happy in their classes. They have invested in a new building and have a music room. The day we were there the kids were getting ready for an environmental competition.

26/04/2010 20:54 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Sorry to but in but wondering if you folks with boys in CBC have any views on local girls primary schools? Just moved to Monkstown last weekend with on year old girl and looking for tips..thanks :)

25/02/2014 18:53 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
The junior school is the worst possible junior school in the country but the secondary school is fantastic, they are only common in name

28/07/2010 17:13 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Not quite sure what your after as regards primary girls schools (ie private like CBC Junior or a national school) but I would recommend Hollypark Girls school in Foxrock. The boys school is top notch too. You can´t go wrong with Carysforth NS or St Brigids in Foxrock either.

There aren´t many fee paying girls primary schools.Loreto Foxrock closed their one a few year back. Mount Anville still have one, ditto Cluny. Bit far away though.

14/04/2009 14:39 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
A great school. Nice kids, a great atmosphere. However:

Building is VERY run down. Please walk around it before you send you child

Rugby is the ONLY sport. It really is, unless you do rugby they don´t really care. Cross Country would be the next big thing after rugby.

I´m a current student here. I have loads of happy memories, just the above I tell everyone I meet.

05/10/2008 09:53 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
There are 30 students from 2nd class in each class to 6th class.From ji to 2nd class 24 students.Unfortunally the teacher that did the Children helping Children has left and has left a big hole as an excellent teacher and mentor for the 6th class boys.
If you child has an learing problems thisi s not the right school for you.You may not find this out till it is to late.
A lot of changing of teachers in the last few years.Some fantastic others terrible.

27/05/2008 21:31 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
CBC is a fabulous school for children! I have had lots of dealings with them! The junior school is small and so child-friendly! They may not be out there with the big names of Willow and Andrews but they are quietly in the background, making the boys very happy and cheerful! Classes are small. currrently 17 in 2nd class and 24 in 6th class! (only one class per year!) As well as great teachers in the junior school, they also have a fab 6th class project called childrenhelpingchildren! check out www.childrenhelpingchildren.ie. This year the 6th class boys raised 24,000 + and still counting! They set up mini companies and raised the money all year! They are just a fab group of kids!It is a fabulous school! Not sure about senior school, have heard good things about it! hope this helps!!!! K

29/10/2017 09:11 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi, my son will be going to this shool next year. Could you please tell me if its a good school nowadays? All I have found is from 2014. He is spanish and he will go there for a year (second year of Junior Cycle). Thank you.

02/01/2018 14:18 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hi,
Can you detail why the junior school is so bad?
I need to have an idea about this primary school as this is one of the very few schools that accepted our son.
Thanks.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;