Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childcare and tax relief

re... : Childcare and tax relief          
02/04/2014 09:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Sorry jan68 but should we applaud everyone working on the black market?......while the rest of us work our butts off to pay taxes? I´m stunned if that´s the mentality

02/04/2014 14:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Ms poppins there is no high pedastle about people being qualified for the job they are doing therefore being registered and taxed. I´m sure in your line of work you would not be happy with an unqualified person standing beside you working against you and not even paying their taxes while you work legit. I didn´t say anyone working with children unqualified or unregistered is not capable of the job that they do, I merely said it is in the interest of the childcare sector going forward to have childcare workers regulated and registered in order to allow parents receive any kind of tax credit to help with childcare. Why would parents be entitled to a tax credit for childcare if they are paying for that childcare below cost and on the black market?. If unqualified childcare workers want to work black, let them but don´t reward parents for handing out cash. It´s a common problem in all professions as we all know. Btw you as a person working in law should know better than to try defame somebodies character, but of course that what the degreein law would have taught you. my degree taught me how to care about society, people and the rights and wrongs in life? i have many excellent references. Thank you.

02/04/2014 10:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Ms poppins I never said you worked black market so why take offence. I merely said a childcare tax allowance should only be paid to parents who are registered for tax...why do you believe anyone paying childcare on the black market should get a tax break? I am very confused.

02/04/2014 09:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I certainly don´t work the black market as you call it. However bitterness is a hard plii to swallow and you seriously have a large one to go down. Whether you or I have that piece of paper that allows us to state qualified, get off your high horse. It was plenty of qualified minders not working the black market that was high lighted for abuse in all those crèches. Shh. You are seriously high lighting to any potential parent the negative character you are coming across as.

re : Childcare and tax relief          
01/04/2014 10:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
well said.

02/04/2014 08:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
This post should be removed..full of incorrect information for a start.

02/04/2014 10:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Ah Geri, definetly not wound up. I was never a fan of the high pedestal. I´m broad minded and can see both sides of the argument. I actually have a law degree also but opted out from that a few years ago after having my children. When it comes to paying taxes, myself and my beautiful husband both contribute as it´s required. Sure, I would love a bit more but that´s the way it is. I guess I´m simply saying rating than coming across as argumentative that sometimes that cert doesn´t always mean you have the heart for the job. Now I am logging off as I am very busy. Thanks for the banter.

01/04/2014 16:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Geri1,
Very disturbing statement from you to say that anyone on black market should expect poor pay and poor treatment.
Shame on you.

02/04/2014 10:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
As for bitter. No. Not bitter but strongly against the thousands in all areas of the workforce who believe they are so special they don´t have to contribute in any way to society and our tax system. Now if you have a problem with that statement well so be it. If you are registered as you state you are why are you so wound up about it?

Childcare and tax relief          
30/03/2014 12:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I´ve read a lot of arguments about parents v´s childcare costs. I would like to bring the parents back a couple of years when the government decided to look after two income couples and give them extra tax relief over a single income family..it may not be called a childcare support to working families but if that is not what it is then I feel us stay at parents have been dealt a very raw deal and were discriminated against .eg in a one income family the person earning needs to earn 80,000 euro to bring home one thousand per week to support his family. A two income family earning that same 80,000 between them bring home an extra 666 euro per calendar month because of extra tax relief. Has this been forgotten? Should it be stated it is childcare relief or do two income families just believe this payment is for them because they are special? If you have one child over half your childcare costs are already paid for by the government and my husbands taxes are already assisting your babies throughout their childcare years. Childcare workers deserve a fair wage and fair terms and conditions by all who require their services. I feel the government should only give this tax allowance to families who pay a registered childcare worker who keeps up to date with training etc and is fully insured and regulated. Anyone who gets paid black market should expect low pay and poor treatment. A fair tax relief for a fair wage I say...

02/04/2014 09:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I think someone needs a change in vocation. If you can be on 2 websites advertising this rubbish then please do yourself the favour and try a new career.

01/04/2014 14:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Geri1 The many replies you have received on this same post which you currently have on Rollercoaster.ie must not have satisfied you.

01/04/2014 11:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Im afraid this tax relief is nothing to do with children and childcare . Sure a couple with no children get it too . Its just each person keeping their personal tax credits. Sorry to burst your bubble honey !

discussion forum terms & conditions

;