Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminder - going rates

re : Childminder - going rates           reply
27/07/2014 12:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi there Newbee,
We have had a lady minding our 2 girls and 1 boy (aged 1,2 and 6) for the past 6 months in her own home in Swords Co. Dublin for 3 days per week. My girls are with her all day and my son from 2.30pm when she collects him from school. We pay her 1400 per month not an hourly rate (even though our days are consistent) and to be honest we´d pay her more if we could as she is so good with my children (a real life Mary Poppins). I chose to have them minded in my child minder´s home as like the previous post says, you are liable for PRSI, USC, Holidays etc, so it can get messy. We have however, paid my child minder for her time off because went away on holiday and we really value her. Hope this helps and good luck in your search.
Fidelma

re : Childminder - going rates           reply
25/07/2014 14:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
We´ve just sorted out childminding arrangements in Dublin and what we found is that most people who mind in your house expect between €9 - €12/h. However, you should be able to negotiate a monthly rate, especially if your requirements are consistent.
Irish nannies looked for more towards €12 and your younger Europeans (20 - 30y) were looking for more €9 - €10.
If minding in your home, you have to pay prsi and usc for them. That makes it messy but as a rule of thumb, add on 8.5% but you would need to check it out fully as it varies depending on how much you pay etc.
They are also entitled to 20 days paid leave.
I don´t think it made much difference how many children etc there were.
Minders in their home was different but much harder to find. We eventually found one who is minding our two children for about €9/h but we have agreed a flat monthly rate which takes into account longer summer minding times but at the same rate.
Once you find someone you like, you can get stuck into to agreeing how it is going to work and what their expectations are. Hopefully, the two of you can reach an agreement you are both happy with. If everyone is clear on their expectations, hours and cost, the arrangement is more likely to last and be happy.
HTH!

Childminder - going rates           reply
25/07/2014 11:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
Hello ladies!
I will be looking for a childminder next year for a 3 year old and twins aged 10 months (all boys). 4 days per week.
We really don´t know where to start!!
My son will be in creche for a half day each day, so the childminder will be minding the twins for 4 full days & the 3 year old for 4 half days.
Whats the going rate? I don´t want to enter into talks with someone and not know the expectations re saraly, paid holidays, tax etc;
Are there any mammies out there that could offer this newbe some advice?
Thank you in advance!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;