Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminder

Childminder           reply
19/05/2013 23:33 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hello, im 26 years old, im from Brazil. I´ve been in Ireland for 2 years, always working as an aupair live-in but now im looking for a live-out position. I can´t speak english fluently. I love what i do and i think its very important.
I went to an interview to work as an nanny, it was with two nice mums , they wanted to share a nanny, they children are 6 months and 8 months. They are willing to pay me 8 an hour ( i will work in their houses) and it will be 4 euros each, they need i work from 8am to 6 pm. The problem is one of the mums is a teacher so she will need me only till 3.30 and she works only two weeks a month, it means when i have only a child i will be paid only 4 euros an hour. I´m worried because i need to pay rent, bills and get my own food i know i cant expect so much cause i´m not qualified. I would like some advices do you think it´s a fair rate??

re... : Childminder           reply
20/05/2013 21:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for the replies... i have first aid training but the bigest problem is my english, i cant speak english fluently :(
You are right, i cant work 55 hrs a week to get 220 euros, i would have to spend 20 euros a week with transport so it´s definitely not a good deal.
I will keep trying to find a good position.
Thanks

re : Childminder           reply
20/05/2013 09:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
im sorry but u cant accept 4 euro when ur not minding the other child. even 8 an hr dosent cut it..you should be charging around 10 euro an hr.as u will be minding in.1 of there own homes.
dont let them push u into something that u dont want to do.stand ur ground.

21/05/2013 08:07 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
u should tell them 10 euro an hr.for the 2 kids.and when.1 kid is of sick or the parents take a holiday.then u should charge 7 or 8 euro for the 1 child.they have to be fair.if they get seperate minders/nannys.their going to be paying out.100 euro each a day.500 euro a week.say 1000 euro a week between them.they have done there homework on this.they have decided to share a nanny. to mind their 2 kids.nothing wrong with that.but they want their cake.and they want to eat it.their offering u the price of looking after 1 child.
u should ask for 500 a week.thats 250 each a week.

20/05/2013 12:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I agree, as a nanny for 2 really young children I would expect at least 10euro per hour. I would not look after 2 under ones in childs home for 8euro per hour.
There are plenty of parents looking for a fantastic nanny so dont feel pushed in to it at all.
Are you willing to do a basic first aid course? Are you garda vetted and if not are you willing to get vetted?
If so apply to some of the nanny agencies and you would earn more like 12 euro per hour for similar work.
Best of luck.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;