Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminder V Creche Kilcullen area

Childminder V Creche Kilcullen area           reply
27/09/2016 14:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Kildare)
-----------------------------------
Hi,
Looking for advice for summer next year. I am undecided about creche compared to a childminder. The one thing that holds me back from creche is the fact the children get sick alot when they first get in and unfortunately we don´t have family around to support if the child couldn´t go in. Also I am unsure of what to expect price wise. We would be looking for our child to be minded 40-45 hours a week usual working hours 8.15-5. Maybe one day collection would be at 4pm. Does anyone know what we should budget for per week or month for this?
Another thing to consider is my husband is a teacher so the summer months of July and August the hours wouldn´t be as long. One creche has told me they take teachers into consideration during the summer.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated

re : Childminder V Creche Kilcullen area           reply
28/09/2016 06:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
The advantages/disadvantages of both creche and childminder are well known.
As for teachers hours you need a childminder that can afford holiday time off/has kids herself so values this time off. A lot childminders/creche increase your daily rate so looks like your getting holidays free. Just research everything and compare the quality care that actually is there with the price.
Childminders are approximately 5e an hr for one child, for this you´d expect insurance, including car, first aid, garda vetting, qualifications etc.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;