Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminder holidays

Childminder holidays           reply
08/11/2017 19:35 - Dublin North Childminders
-----------------------------------
Hi

I have a childminder who comes to my home she works for 1 hour 45min in the morning and is free from 9 to 12. She then minds my 2 until circa 6/6.30. I pay 120 a day for 2 days a week.

Just wondering how holidays should work. Initially childminder said she would take holidays the sametime as me which waa fine and i have paid her for all holidays to date. She is entitled to 8 days leave per annum. She took 6 days sametime as me and 2 days she wanted specifically. When i mentioned to her that was her 8 days used she said that if i take any further holidays i have to pay her still. We took two days further holidays which i have also paid for. I was just wondering what the norm is re holidays and if this is it. I assume bank holidays should be paid for too.

Thanks

Rachel

re : Childminder holidays           reply
09/11/2017 12:40 - Dublin North Childminders
hi Rachel, is that right you pay 120e a day??

re... : Childminder holidays           reply
09/11/2017 22:32 - Dublin North Childminders
Yes 120 euro a day.

re : Childminder holidays           reply
10/11/2017 07:37 - Dublin North Childminders
wow it seems a lot to me, but sure we all have different incomes. I get 240e for 3 days and I think it is more than enough. did she qualified childminder? do you pay tax for her?

re... : Childminder holidays           reply
12/11/2017 16:47 - Dublin North Childminders
Hi she has minded children for years and does her own taxes. It was what she told me the daily rate was. It doesnt change in the summer holidays etc.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;