Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminder v creche

re... : Childminder v creche           reply
19/03/2013 19:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Petipoi I was referring to Sarah2009 who raked up a thread that is two years old in order to post an inflammatory and unnecessary comment. You just bit the bait.

18/03/2013 20:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
This thread is two years old and in my original post I was merely looking for some information. Nothing better to do but troll forums?

19/03/2013 12:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
god i only noticed the date..how did anyone find it.it must have been miles down

19/03/2013 12:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
sorry to post again.but.theres no trolls here.just people .being honest and offering advice.somebody replied.and brought it back up to offer advice not cause trouble.a troll is a trouble maker who does things for a laugh and try to annoy people . that dosent go on here.

18/03/2013 09:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Paying 5€ and hour or 3€ for a childminder that has qualifications is absolutely disgraceful!!! is like you are having a particular teacher at home for your kids, you care about the education of your child you should pay that ridiculous amount.. i know some people have a tight budget but that´s is unacceptable as the vast majority don´t even pay the taxes for the people that they employ (so illegal working) The parents become your employer and are legally obliged to do so with the Revenue. At the very least you should get minimum wage, paid holidays, prsi paid.
The rate is 9.50/10€ and hour, i would like to say that the childminder look after your child but is not a housekeeper and some people expect that the childminder clean the hole house and also mind the kids...

Childminder v creche           reply
16/03/2011 12:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin South)
Hi there,
I have a two year old boy who has been in creche since he was 8 months. I am due a baby in June and would now like to take him out of that creche as it´s too far from home for me to drive him in the mornings on my maternity leave (It´s near my job)
I have looked at 10 creches in the area. They average at about €230 a week for 7.30am-6.30pm.I´m interested to price the childminder option. What sort of money should I expect to pay for care from 8am approx until 3pm approx? I am a primary teacher so these are the hours he is used to.
Would I be charged for days he is not with the minder? (these would be obviously the school holidays although this June and July are different as I´ll be on leave)
Is it unreasonable to ask could he be collected from home in the morning? (I could collect in the afternoon)
From Feb 2012 when I return to work I would also need the baby minded for roughly the same hours. Would there be a discount for her?
Many thanks

18/03/2013 19:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yes i agree with that.theres a lot of parents who want cleaners aswell as minders.1 parent a couple of yrs ago.asked if i could also do.there daily laundry.tidy the bedrooms and other parts of the house .peel potatos and vegtables for dinner.that evening.aswell as looking after the twins.i dident stay there long.as far as i know.any minder the get dosent stay long either.if parents need a cleaner and cook aswell as a minder.they should be willing to pay for those services.

re : Childminder v creche           reply
17/03/2011 09:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi,

I am a registered, insured and qualified childminder who provides a home from home environment for school teachers children during term time. I charge less than the creche for a working week and half pay for holidays ie mid term, christmas and easter breaks - but no fees apply for summer hols. This is the norm amongst registered childminders.On two or more children from one family I offer a discount of 15%. I live in Knocklyon. My number is 086 2345272.

Kelly Marie

re : Childminder v creche           reply
22/03/2011 17:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there,

You should find a registered childminder for less than €230/wk. Using my own fees as an example. I charge €5/hr for the first child, and €3/hr for second and subsequent siblings (regardless of age, or whether they come fulltime/parttime).

So for your eldest, this would work out at €35/day, €175/wk. For both children it would be €280/wk. I think most creches in the local area only give a 10% discount for siblings.

It wouldnt be unreasonable to ask the minder to collect (depending on distance, and she may ask for a fuel supplement), however this would depend on whether they are minding other children aswell, as parents would be dropping them at the minders house in the morning, so it may not be suitable.

Also, I take 4 weeks unpaid holidays a year. I charge €6/hr for public holidays, instead of €5/hr. However, parents pay for any time they choose to not send their child (if child is unwell or they are on holidays etc). I think for a school teacher i would probably negotiate half-rates for summer holidays.

All of the above should be clearly outlined for you in your contract from your childminder! Hope this helps!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;