Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Childminding, teacher

re : Childminding, teacher           reply
31/08/2012 09:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
hi i am not a teacher i am a childminder but i am minding a teachers baby 3 days a week so similar situation. I charge 5 euro per hour and I have agreed not to be paid for any of the holidays as I would prefer to be off. i do expect to be paid for bank holidays (there are not very many outside of the holidays) and any of my agreed days that the mum does not to go to work due to illness or appointments or whatever. some childminders expect to get paid for some of the holidays, some agree to a half rate for all of the holidays, and some like me are happy enough to take it as unpaid leave. Its all a matter of finding the person to suit your needs. hope this helps.

re : Childminding, teacher           reply
31/08/2012 09:31 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi there i agree with mommy164. i also mind a teachers child in the wicklow area and i charge 5euro an hour. i dont charge for holidays but do charge for bank holidays and any days she takes off. a few of my friends are childminders and this seems to work for them also

Childminding, teacher           reply
30/08/2012 16:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Wicklow)
Hi,
Any teachers advise me on their childminding arrangements and costs. My baby will be 10mths when I return to work. I will need the minder 3 days a week.
what are your arrangements re holidays and payments?

Any advise appreciated,
Thanks.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;