Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Classroom Sizes...worried parents??? TV3 show

re... : Classroom Sizes...worried parents??? TV3 show           reply
29/12/2010 14:00 - School Specific
-----------------------------------
Bit much for TV3 to start on about class sizes - all they do on the midday show is give out about teachers.
If you want smaller classes, you need more teachers. Simple as that. And its hard to say that you want more teachers when your show frequently lambasts teachers, slags them off and complains about them.

Cant have it both ways.

re... : Classroom Sizes...worried parents??? TV3 show           reply
18/10/2010 11:21 - School Specific
That is a tough one Audrey. Large class sizes are a real difficulty and I suspect they may become more so in the coming years. It is tough on the schools too but I hope your son continues to get adequate support. I presume he has Resource Teaching? Every good wish.

re : Classroom Sizes...worried parents??? TV3 show           reply
16/10/2010 22:36 - School Specific
My son is in 3rd class, His class is mixed 3rd and 4th class, class size is 32 pupils.My son is a special needs pupil who has a full time SNA. Another child in the same class needs an SNA so they have decided to share the SNA between the two children. As my son has multiple medical problems and suffers with ADD, OCD, Epilepsy and is on the Autistic spectrum, I find it unacceptable that my son has to suffer due to the class size. I have been told that " inclusiveness is a problem". Audrey 0872964526

Classroom Sizes...worried parents??? TV3 show           reply
23/09/2009 09:18 - School Specific
The Morning Show with Sybil and Martin, TV3....

are looking for parents who are concerned about the increase in classroom sizes and overcrowding!!

If you are worried about your own childs education or have any concerns PM us!! or email

The Morning Show with Sybil and Martin, TV3.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;