Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Cost for 4 year old?

re... : Cost for 4 year old?           reply
02/08/2014 17:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
so true, angel, Im in the same boat...parents love the setting I provide but unfort some cant/dont want to pay for it...getting the same answer back...sure creche only blah....Im fully insured/registered/garda vetted/first aid/professional degree also but its the bottom line parents look at...im constantly turning down work..

04/08/2014 15:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
10 euro an hour per child is ridiculous.if thats 8 to 6.. 5 days a week thats 500 euro.who in their right mind would pay that these days.i wouldent dream of asking anyone for that.

04/08/2014 15:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Omg sorry.just realised my typo..meant 10 euro per afternoon...it was in response to the woman offering afterskool care for 10 euro per day..apologies.

Cost for 4 year old?           reply
31/07/2014 16:13 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Wicklow)
Weighing up my options between creche/childminder, so far the rates from childminders i have gotten, i personally think have been crazy and work out much more expensive than a creche...I was under the impression that a childminder would be cheaper than a creche....
How much typically would it be for minding a year old 4 days a week (two days he will be in playschool from 9-12) so 5 hours on them two days and 8 hours on the other two (only need care monday-thursday) Thanks alot :-)

03/08/2014 10:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes, I always say my rate before any meeting arranged, got caught few years ago where my and parents rate way off....however many will try n set a new lower rate at this meeting...I now do the first meeting where we all are clear its a quick meet up to discuss everything before moving forward...iv a facebook page where parents can see around my playroom, playareas etc so dont do a tour at the first meeting.
I see in galway advertiser this week a childminder offering afterschool for 10euro per child......

re : Cost for 4 year old?           reply
31/07/2014 16:15 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
26 hours in total per week :-) (4 years old)

31/07/2014 17:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
5euro an hr in my house....I work on the basis of you only pay for days needed...creche would charge you for five days...

02/08/2014 17:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Be upfront on costs before interviews as it saves a lot of time wasted

02/08/2014 13:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
A creche wouldn´t be necessarily cheaper as with a childminder the child gets more one to one attention and a much more homely environment. I charge 5 euro per hour per child. I´m registered, insured, qualified and Garda vetted. I would not compete with creche prices because I run a very different service to a creche.

03/08/2014 10:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Omg 10 euro per hour....I couldn´t put a dinner on the table, pay the electricity, oil heating, provide art/craft, baking, days out, pay insurance, taxes, first aid Certs etc on 10euro per hour per child. I would have to question if the minder is sitting them in front of the tv for the afternoon, with no heating on and not proving them with food or activities..if she can provide the same level of care as me for that amount of money she must be working black and packing them in..otherwise she knows something about cutting costs that I don´t know

02/08/2014 17:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I advertise my rates up front so people only apply for a space with me if they can afford it.ive never had a problem filling my spaces.i refuse to drop my rate any further(have dropped already last year). This is my profession and I have a bottom line. I aim for 100 euro minimum per day to ensure my costs are covered, taxes paid etc. I still don´t make an enormous wage. My children are older so if I go out to work I wouldn´t be paying childcare, so I like to try take home similar to what I would earn out of home.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;