Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Do Girls do better in All Girls or Mixed Secondary Schools?

re : Do Girls do better in All Girls or Mixed Secondary Schools?           reply
26/08/2012 16:27 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
It depends on the girl and it depends on the school. I personally don´t trust the statistics in the media because they don´t measure individuals and see if that individual performs better in a different school.
If your daughter is unhappy in her or getting in with a bad crowd she´d probably be better off moving but if she´s happy, she should stay. I don´t really know what it´s like to be in an all girls school but I loved being in a mixed school because I find girls can be so bitchy and rough.

re... : Do Girls do better in All Girls or Mixed Secondary Schools?           reply
25/08/2012 08:10 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
From my experience it depends on the child. My 13 year old daughter attended a mixed primary which was fine but at secondary school level it´s a disaster. Throw boys into the mix and all academic aspects of school go out the window. I´m currently looking into changing schools for her to an all girls school

re... : Do Girls do better in All Girls or Mixed Secondary Schools?           reply
26/08/2012 16:30 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
oh I´m sorry I read your post wrong but I´d weigh up the pros and cons of each school and also see what she prefers.

re : Do Girls do better in All Girls or Mixed Secondary Schools?           reply
07/08/2012 12:35 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
my son and daughter went to all boy and all girl schools
worked for my son but my daughter would have been better in a mixed school.
she is a gentle girl and couldnt keep up with the all girl thing few boys would have helped.
regards I

Do Girls do better in All Girls or Mixed Secondary Schools?           reply
07/08/2012 12:16 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
I´m trying to make a plan for my kids secondary school education and am trying to get a handle on whether it would be better to send my girl to an all girls secondary school or a mixed school?

I would appreciate any thoughts/feedback?

07/08/2012 12:39 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Thanks, def worth keeping in mind that she is used to having her big brother around. She is fairly quiet too and girls can be rough!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;