Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Ear Piercing for 9 year old

re... : Ear Piercing for 9 year old           reply
09/11/2006 14:36 - Miscellaneous
-----------------------------------
I´d suggest getting it done in a chemist rather than one of the accessorie shops where it may be young retail assistants with little experience. Also the accessorie shops charge much more, circa €40, whereas I got it done in the chemist for €10.

re : Ear Piercing for 9 year old           reply
07/09/2006 19:47 - Miscellaneous
I think 9 is fine as an age for girls to get their ears pierced - going from ear piercing to tummy\\tongue piercing is a big jump in the mind and well as well as imagewise . So I wouldn´t worry about tummy\\tongue piercing because she wants her ears pierced at 9. My friends with daughters are being pestered from age 7 so count yourself having done well till you got to 9!. On the other hand my son got his left ear pierced at 14 and I don´t think any younger would be right for boys.

02/03/2007 12:02 - Miscellaneous
I feel really bad after reading you mail ,my sister got my childs ears done when she was 4 she wanted them
done and i didnt see a problem ,(my husband did have a problem but the girls talked him around)
my older child would not get hers done at that time she was 5
however this year she asked her auntie would she bring her to get them done and she is delighted with
them she is 6, i know there will be times we will have to put our foot down on certain things ,but for
now ear piercing i can handle

07/09/2006 21:18 - Miscellaneous
I think you are worrying unnecessarily. Let her get them done. But just so as you feel you are keeping some control of the situation restrict it to one per ear and perhaps just stud earrings. Its harmless stuff really for this day and age!

Ear Piercing for 9 year old           reply
07/09/2006 17:44 - Miscellaneous
My nine year old daughter is pestering me to have her ears pierced. I had originally told her that she would have to wait till sixth class but am now wondering why not - its not as if she wants a nose stud or bellybutton ring! Will I let her go ahead or am I just giving in to pester power?

05/03/2007 13:58 - Miscellaneous
Clares accessory shop are very good at doing the ear piercing ( and very clean) A lot of chemist dont seem to do the ear piercing any more

02/11/2006 10:16 - Miscellaneous
I´ve decided to let my daughter go ahead and get her ears pierced for her 10th birthday next week. Are the various accessorie shops or jewellers ok for ear piercing? Someone else suggested that I ask my GP to do it as it´s guaranteed to be more hygienic but I´ve never heard anyone else mention going to the GP for ear piercing. Anyone any recommendations where I should have it done in Dublin south side. My daughter is quite nervous around needles as she has had a few too many due to previous medical history so I am not sure that she will actually go ahead with it - even if it is her own idea.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;