Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Fee for after school

re : Fee for after school           reply
02/06/2016 11:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi, firstly you need to set the fee..iv worked out its €4.30 an hr the parent is calculating at, well below average rate...if this your only child is it worth your five evenings gone for €87.50, hassle school collections, feeding, activities, insurance, parent already dictating (although I agree it´s different letting your own child walk but not a paid child etc). Iv one afterschooler whom I agreed feed, a snack as not here long, my first and only time I agreed feed and I totally underestimated cost of feeding to point I now pop into lidl/Aldi and buy yogurt drinks, fruit for kebabs etc as the rate I quoted simply doesn´t cover the food Id normally buy plus the child is a big eater. I personally don´t think a childminder can up rates mid contract so this was my solution. So set your rate and be happy with it, if too much for parent let them source childcare elsewhere. It´s normally €3 for collection, €5 an hr per child and extra for food. Do discuss what happens if child sick or school closed, agree rate before hand.

re... : Fee for after school           reply
02/06/2016 17:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for your advice I will definitely go with that it will work out fair for both parties.. Thanks again

Fee for after school           reply
02/06/2016 10:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Kildare)
I have been asked to provide childcare for a little lad who is in my sons class, his Mammy has told me she worked the pay out at €87.50 for 5 days 2.30 until 6. I was wondering if I should tell her it would be a little extra for school pick up and dinner each day as she had also said she wants him to have had his dinner as he has activities every eve and they don´t get home until 8, would that seem fair if I added little extra on as I´m not at the school each day my son walks with pals but she doesn´t allow her son to walk so I purposely have to go for him??

02/06/2016 17:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes, I see your point re the half hour lol, (reason I not charge bank hols) but what I do is give my weekly rate and break it down into what each day is (so if I needed a day off etc it´s clear what parent need minus). I don´t go into a breakdown of the daily rate at all as leaves yourself open to further discussion/nitpicking, just say this rate includes collection, care from x to y, food and planned activities. It´s up parent accept or look elsewhere then.

02/06/2016 15:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks so much for that input ypur right I do want it straight from get go in case wires get crossed I agree with your advice on fee´s I wasn´t particularly impressed with the half hour calculated to €2.50!! But if I say don´t do half hourly rate she could just leave him later.. Thanks again

discussion forum terms & conditions

;