Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Feedback on recent Bewleys competition won

Feedback on recent Bewleys competition won           reply
19/05/2011 15:29 - Feedback
-----------------------------------
Hello to all at School Days.ie and Bewleys hotel Newlands Cross,

Back in Feb 2011 i was lucky enough to win the Bewleys Hotel family break in Newlands Cross. I was that impressed that i wanted to thank all concerned and leave some feedback for others.
In my life before marriage and children my work backround was 5* hotel and catering management over in London , but even now some 13 years later i cannot help but put my inspectors hat on me when staying in hotels or eating a meal.

I want to say how impressed i was with my entire prize, from the moment the sat nav informed me that i had reached my destination i was smiling , as a spacious car park greeted me with sufficient space for me to park the people carrier. I recieved a warm and welcoming smile from the reception team who informed me that the room was ready but they were still waiting for towels ... ( not a problem ) several hotels would not have entertained us getting the room before 3pm extra brownie points for that ;-) extra keys were issued so that my brood could have their own keys , this made them feel so grown up ... As it was a prize i was expecting a how would i put this ... a lower class room , but after passing through the security door to the lift .. ( no room key no access :-) i like this security feature) we got out at our floor and the room that met us could beat several 4* ones that i have recently stayed in. It was bright spacious CLEAN , and plenty of room for all of us ... In the first evening we ordered from the bar menu , and the quality , portions and prices were very good , the childrens portions were fantastic , and for anyone staying can fully reccomend the steak , paninis , pasta , burgers and most of all the caesar salad..we all sat in the bar and were welcomed , i could have stayed there all night in my comfortable chair and perfect view of the tv.
Breakfast was a pleasant surprise my as 2 of my children would be fussy eaters ( they take after me ) but everyone enjoyed the meal and choices available.
Dinner was by far the best experience , both the menu and the quality of the food could have been at home on any 5* hotels menu except that this was better priced than a 5*, and in some cases far better quality. I told the head chef that his dishes were by far the best that i had eaten in a long time. For anyone going to eat in the restaurant please consider the Lamb shank superb!!!

So i would like to take this opportunity to FULLY RECCOMEND Bewleys Hotel Newlands Cross to anyone looking for a fantastic place to stay and to feel comfortable in and to not be ripped off once they see a family arriving, It takes a lot to impress me , and this has been the best hotel i have stayed at in a long time. To Grainne the General Manager of Bewleys Newlands Cross ( another first for me , i am only used to male GM´s... Congratulations on running and maintaining such a fantastic hotel, We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will definately be back.. Thankyou to Bewleys and School Days.ie for pulling my name out of the hat it was a fantastic prize!!!!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;