Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Finding a primary school in Dublin 15

re : Finding a primary school in Dublin 15           reply
07/05/2009 12:28 - Introduce Yourself
-----------------------------------
I presume you mean the Navan Road, Castleknock, Blanchardstown areas. While I wouldn´t know enough about these schools, you can look on this website to get the full list of schools in these areas. Once you get their website addresses, have a look to see what appeals to you. Hopefully you will get some precise feedback here also.
On the subject of costs, a certain amount depends on the school. Most schools are non fee-paying. There is usually an amount collected for expenses at the start of the school year though, which could be anything from E40 to E200, depending on what is covered. Some schools include insurance, photocopying, milk, art & crafts, speech & Drama, dancing - depending on what they provide. Then you have the cost of uniform and/or tracksuit. As well as that, you have the cost of books. Some schools run a Book Rental scheme but this may not be of much benefit in Junior Infants where many of the books are workbooks, which the chioldren use to write on so cannot be reused.
Hope this info is of some help to you as you begin your quest. Good Luck.

Finding a primary school in Dublin 15           reply
07/05/2009 11:21 - Introduce Yourself (Locality: Dublin North)
Hey
I am moving back to Dublin after 20 years way. I am bringing my 4 year old daughter with me and am looking for advice on schools in the Dublin 15 area, enrolment, what costs are involved, ect. We´re hoping to be there for the start of the new school year in September. I would be grateful for any help. Julie & Scarlett

re... : Finding a primary school in Dublin 15           reply
07/05/2009 12:30 - Introduce Yourself
It would also be worth your while to contact the schools you are considering, as soon as possible, so that you can determine whether or not they have availability. Then, at least, you can form a list of schools that are possibilities.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;