Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Flexible working hours

re : Flexible working hours           reply
19/10/2010 08:07 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
I´d be leaning towards keeping the four day week as you could both drop and collect on Wednesdays making it a special day. If you move to a 5 day with a 9am start it will still be very tight in the morning to drop your child.

Also when your child is off for mid-term breaks and hols you would be off for one of the days giving you more time with your child and it would also reduce the amount of childcare help you would have to seek.

Just a thought!.

re... : Flexible working hours           reply
19/10/2010 17:43 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
thanks a million - I´m thinking the same way myself.
thanks again

14/02/2011 15:48 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
hey, was just wondering if you made any decision about your childcare for September. I am in the exact same boat, got a 4 year old starting school, also work a 4 day week off Wednesday. I have a two year old also and both are in a creche at the moment. Don´t know what to do once ´big school´ starts. Thinking of maybe a childminder. My daughter will finish school at 13:10 so a shorter work day for me wouldn´t be much use. Creche will prob do afterschool but at an expense. Let me know if you found a solution!!

Flexible working hours           reply
14/10/2010 20:47 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Hiya
Just looking for some advice - my son will be starting school next year and I´m just wondering if anybody has any opinions on which working arrangements work best...
At the moment I work a 4-day week (8am - 4pm) - off on Wednesday´s. I´ve been told that my company will consider changing that to 5 short days next September (9am-3:30) so that I still work in or around the same hours.
I just can´t figure which arrangement would work best - with the short days I should be able to drop him to school but wouldn´t be able to collect him.
Any views?
thanks a million

18/10/2010 12:56 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
Much will depend on getting a childminder who will be able to take your son early on four mornings. If that is not a problem, I would be inclined to work the four days and have a day off in the middle of the week.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;