Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

HELP! Childminding Rate????

re : HELP! Childminding Rate????           reply
09/05/2013 09:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Wow €10 per hour, thats €325 per week!! I only work part time I don´t even earn that much!!

re... : HELP! Childminding Rate????           reply
09/05/2013 18:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
10 euro is for 2 kids in there own home.it would be 8 euro in minders home.for 1 child in minders home its 5 euro.

23/05/2013 16:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I am a registered Childminder and I am registered as a self employed person, I do pay tax & I also pay Childminders insurance & registration fees. Those who say that Childminders are doing it for an extra few quid are obviously unaware that for some of us this is a job, not a pass time :(

23/05/2013 13:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I think €10 an hour is very reasonable for two kids in their own home. Firstly, there are two kids so obviously it will cost more than €5-6 an hour! Secondly, as someone else pointed out the minder can´t take on any other kids as its not their own house. I would say if she takes €10 an hour you should go with it, you´re getting a good deal :)

09/05/2013 22:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
.10 euro an hr would cover 3 kids in minders home..i wouldent expect a minder to charge any less than that for 3 kids... if minding in the parents home.it would be 11 or 12 euro an hr.
.no one seems to be putting up there expectations of what a minder should and shouldent charge.i can fully understand it when some parents say that they cant afford what some childminders charge.i would normally negotiate a decent wage.with the parents.im not in the bussiness of ripping people of

12/06/2013 20:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yes 8 euro in minders home.or 10 euro in parents home..7 euro for 1st child.and 3 for the 2nd.most minders will negotiate a fee that works both ways.but i dont agree with minders who want to be greedy.or the parents who basically want to pay next to nothing.

09/05/2013 08:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
As she is new to childminding aswell, I assume no qualifications and experience you will prob get away with €55 a day. Because your kids are been minded in your house, it is dearer. It´s cheaper if you send kids to a childminder´s house as they can make up there money minding more children. I´ve been working as a nanny with the past five years.

24/05/2013 09:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
i agree with most.on this post.but why is it ridiculous. to charge 10/12 euro for 2 kids in their own home.some .some minders have to drive to and from schools creches.and different activities.maybe some minders dont ask for petrol coverage.my last job.the petrol was 25 euro a week.and if i had to do any extra driving.i would add on that coverage.its only right that it gets covered

24/05/2013 09:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there,
30 euro a day seems very little to me for one child. The normal working day is 8 hours, and at 5 euro an hour (which is the normal rate for one child in the minder´s home) that would be 40 euro per day. It is normally more expensive to get a minder to come into your own home, as it is an exclusive service that you are providing and easier for the parent as there are no drop-offs and pickups involved. I know this because I worked for many years and have experience of childminders, both in the minder´s house and in my own home. It was just so much easier when the minder came in to me, hassle free, and the children were in their own environment. A good minder in the home is worth her weight in gold! Have a chat and see if you can work something out.
Hope this helps!

24/05/2013 08:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I completely agree :)

24/05/2013 07:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
This is what annoys me, I am also self employed and registered ALL my money. How else does the bank think you are working? I eventually need to draw down a mortgage so I logged every penny I earn to prove so and pay my taxes at the end if the year I even logged my babysitting money at the weekends. Some childminder are working under the table, but dont put ys all in the same catogory. I´ve been into houses and parents are wanting to pay €50 for a 10 hour day in their home, seruously?? I´ve told then get an au-pair. I couldn´t possibly work for that. Why should we as childminders/nannies work below minimum wage? I have a husband & a child, I too need to run a household. Rant over!!

07/09/2013 16:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I don´t think people think that childminders are only worth less than the minimum wage but its the logistics of it. I am on the higher tax bracket and would be considered to have a fairly good job. Having said that after I pay all the taxes I only take home €130 a day. If I was to pay a childminder €10 an hour so €90 a day, pay for petrol, parking etc I´m not left with much. I don´t go to work and leave my child for the love of the job. It has to be worth my while. That unfortunately is the reality of it. Obviously childminders can charge what they believe they are worth but it must be difficult to find someone to pay €10 an hour for one child...which is what I have been quoted. You are basically looking at being employed by people on 6 figure salaries and that must really narrow it down.
I understand people need to show they are earning for bank , mortgage purposes etc so it´s a catch 22 really.

08/05/2013 22:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
the best thing is to.haggle.try and get the best possible price.that u can.something that will work for both sides

12/06/2013 20:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yes 8 euro in minders home.or 10 euro in parents home..7 euro for 1st child.and 3 for the 2nd.most minders will negotiate a fee that works both ways.but i dont agree with minders who want to be greedy.or the parents who basically want to pay next to nothing.

08/05/2013 21:18 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
10 euro an hour?Sure that would be how much I would get paid so it wouldn´t be worth it,I paid 30 euro per day when I had 1 child and €25 per day per child when there was 2 but I had twins this year so I dont know how I will afford to go back and pay for 4 kids,my wage wouldn´t even cover the childcare!

08/05/2013 16:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi there its 10 euro an hr.in ur own home

12/06/2013 17:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
yeah I think it also depends on if the minder is qualified etc. Id say its different if you pay someone who is 18 and no qualification and someone who is lets say 28 with qualification + experiences ...Especially taking into consideration that the person is minding your loved ones ...i do believe that say 8 euro per hours is fair price...the min wage is 8.65 so I don´t think there should be a problem...childminding is job as every other - sometimes even harder :)

23/05/2013 16:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hiya I have been childminding for a few years and Iv always charged 30 per day for 1 child 50 for 2 and 75 for more then 2. it is more then enough to be childminding paying no tax ect. most people who are childminding are doing it for an extra couple of pound for themselves 10 euro an hour is ridiculous

10/06/2013 17:56 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
u definatly need to pay a minimum of 9 an hour, this is more than just a job for most childminders, so why shouldnt they get paid for it, if someone is coming to ur house to mind ur kids minimum wage is the minimum u should be paying them

HELP! Childminding Rate????           reply
08/05/2013 11:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Kildare)
Hi there.

I have a childminder willing to mind my 2 boys in MY home over the summer holidays. She will be working from 7.30-2pm. No housework or food prep will be involved.

Can you advise me what the going rate is? She is also new to this so she doesn´t know what to charge.

Any suggestions???

23/05/2013 22:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
most childminders i know pay taxes.and its not a little sideline for them.for most that i know its a full time job.1 girl i know.charges 8 euro in her own home for 2 kids.plus 6 a day petrol.because theres quite a bit of driving envolved.in the childs own home.it would be 10 euro a day plus.6 petrol.i was told by a couple of parents once.that minders shouldent be charging petrol money .so basically they wanted their kids picked up.and brought were ever.but they dident want to cover the petrol costs..i did 20 longish runs a week.which cost 30 euro in petrol.they wanted me to cover that.
my rates are.1 child in my home 5 euro.2 kids 8 euro
childs home.1 child 7 euro.2 kids 10.3 kids.i would normally come to a good arangement.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;