Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

HELP

re... : HELP           reply
08/05/2009 19:19 - Pre-school / Montessori
-----------------------------------
why no one want to understand me ? I have no problem to find an hotel anywhere in the world ! my question is who is going to do conversation in english with my daugther 6 hours a day, the neighboor ? surely not ! so I need this service and I want to pay for it but where can I find this ??? this is my question without any answer since days and days ....... do you understand why french people speak so bad english now !

08/05/2009 08:58 - Pre-school / Montessori
I read so many bad comment about Trabolgan -dirty-much noise during night-swinming pool like a stable ! that I was disuaded to go there hae you another comment ?

11/05/2009 23:28 - Pre-school / Montessori
Goldilocks, my French is probably as good as your French then! If Phillipe has enough English to be rude to other posters then he probably has enough English to be polite.

In this case google is your friend.

11/05/2009 12:44 - Pre-school / Montessori
the fundamental question is what to do to speak write well english, english is becoming an international language and without the help of those who get that native language how are we going to communicate in the future, there will have 2 kind of people in the world those who knows and the other ? the worst for me is that there is no one around me speaking english better that me you understand the problem ? sorry to hurt you with my words and I´m a well educated person ................. in France, may be it is better for me to stay in France for holidays
Philippe

re : HELP           reply
07/05/2009 21:39 - Pre-school / Montessori
You could try Trabolgan Holiday village in East Cork. It is also near the sea, as well as Fota Wildlife Park and only about 30 kms from Cork City. There is a pool as well as many other activities in the Holiday village.

10/05/2009 22:59 - Pre-school / Montessori
Thank you Lillybilly.

10/05/2009 21:20 - Pre-school / Montessori
Phillippe, I suggest that in the future you ask a friend fluent in English to check your posts before you submit them. I cannot believe how rude your remarks were or how you expected anyone to be able to understand what it was you wanted for your child.

Goldilocks, you are much more understanding than I would have been.

08/05/2009 17:19 - Pre-school / Montessori
Ireland doesn´t have a huge selection of that kind of resort. Trabolgan has had varied ratings but there are those who have been very happy with it. You would probably be better to get into a holiday village like Clogheen. It doesn´t have the range of facilities that Trabolgan has but it´s near the beaches of West Cork. Another option is to book into a hotel with good leisure facilities. There are many available on the internet. If you google hotels Ireland leisure facilities, you should have a good range to choose from. Another possibility is google holiday villages Ireland.

HELP           reply
07/05/2009 20:18 - Pre-school / Montessori
Sorry I´m a foreigner trying to find a summer holyday solution for me and my daughter 5 Y old. (i´m divorced) We are looking for a kind location were she can play doing activies with other children and in the same time stay with me in an hotel or B&B sufficient confortable for me during the day may be by the sea ? or in the country. I did that in Florida last Easter hollydays and it was no so difficult than in Ireland if someome could give me an idea it will be great my mail is
ph-besombes513@orange.fr
of course I´m french - thanks for helping

09/05/2009 08:24 - Pre-school / Montessori
Thanks so much for this answer, acurate and just in the way I´m looking for, If for you I have seemed to be rude, it´s only because I don´t know at all your country and I have the feeling of turning around from web site to web site, it´s difficult to have an idea of what is going to be your life during 15 days, just seeing picture of a house were you are supposed to meet people who are going to communicate with you. I have a bad experience last year of a Village in France crowed of dutch, english, german people and not a word during 15 days. ou have to understand that it is not an easy game when you are a man alone with a daughter of 4 or 5 years to try to meet people, husband don´t see you with a large smile and don´t say come inside! so apologize about no saying thanks for help but your last plan is so much what I would like to read that I have no regret of my attitude. And if someone one day want to know anything about France I can answer with pleasure about any subject or give enquiries.
Merci de tout mon coeur Philippe

10/05/2009 23:01 - Pre-school / Montessori
I suppose Philippe´s English is probably only slightly better than my French so I was trying very hard to give him the benefit of the doubt.

09/05/2009 00:01 - Pre-school / Montessori
Another possibility is Brookfield Holiday Village which is close to Cork City, Next door there is a creche/childminding service which is called ´Creche Cois Laoi´ which is attached to the local university, U.C.C.. You could contact Creche Cois Laoi to arrange day time supervision and play time for your daughter, while your accommodation would be in Brookfield Holiday village where there is a swimming pool, leisure centre and other activities.
I hope this is of help but as I am the only one who has tried to help you, I am very disappointed with your complete lack of gratitude. Instead you have not shown any gratitude for any suggestion I have made so this will be the last time I will make a suggestion.

07/05/2009 21:42 - Pre-school / Montessori
If you are unlucky with the weather, you will still be able to do many indoor activities there.
There is a nice holiday village called Clogheen cottages in West Cork. There are always several young families there but not so many facilities. There are lots of great beaches nearby.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;