Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

HELP please

re... : HELP please           reply
01/10/2015 09:42 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
I couldnt agree more with minder of child. Never let the parents get the upper hand....I made that mistake and it can create problems. I too am being asked to mind children months in advance and i do my best to hold places for them. However i do think that ´settling in ´ time should be paid for as in my experience this is the hardest time of all as child usually needs a lot of one to one attention.At the moment i am minding a child 2 days per week and have been asked to mind him them an extra day in the New Year. As this is only an arrangement they need for 8 weeks it puts me under pressure as i have other mindees the 3 days i dont have their child. Not sure how to handle this.

25/09/2015 13:45 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Four months too young to ask any mum leave her baby if no real need.. . My view on hols is no teachers in general not going pay...some charge or partially charge for midterm etc...you cud phase the question in such a way your planning things etc n see where mum at..never let mum get upperhand as it´s your service, sounds harsh perhaps...I don´t charge any hols or bank hols but then I´d prefer not work them...

re : HELP please           reply
25/09/2015 10:44 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
It´s personal choice...sounds like you registered... Iv just held open a space for six months for nothing but this baby suited me...I douth mum will pay for five but only need two but I could be wrong if she really wants you...if you feel another preschooler could come along you could say sorry I need fulltime hrs n see what mum says...have ye looked at school hols...

HELP please           reply
25/09/2015 08:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Waterford)
Any help on this please

I have been ask to mind a baby for a teacher returning to work next April, her baby is 4 months now and wants to start leaving him with me for 2 days a week from Mid November till March and then 5 days when she back in work in April.
What do I do I have to hold a place for him from now till April do I ask for her to pay full weeks from November to hold his place?? Any help on this would be great

25/09/2015 11:40 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
What would you think of asking for 2 days pay from now till April even if child not with me till end of November?? What is your view on holidays?

01/10/2015 10:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
This is the only "disadvantage" of being registered and I use the word lightly as advantages far out weigh but watching ratios is tough and very limiting...parents just feel sure bung the child in with all the others like the mini zoos...carol I´ll send a pm as I have info that may help you...

01/10/2015 10:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Ooo, something I forgot to mention... Charge a deposit, some give back at end, you choose when in your contract... You´ll know the serious parents then...

discussion forum terms & conditions

;