Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

HUGELY QUALIFIED and EXPERIENCED CORK childminder available

HUGELY QUALIFIED and EXPERIENCED CORK childminder available           reply
09/07/2016 13:19 - Cork County Childminders
-----------------------------------
Dear Parents,

My name is Caoimhe Lonergan and I am a 24 year old medical student in Cork with vast experience looking after children of both genders and all ages. I have a genuine love for children and hope to become a paediatrician once I obtain my medical degree.

I have had a large amount of exposure to children of all ages, both through childminding jobs and my medical training.

I am a conscientious, punctual, sociable person. I am a non-smoker and also have my own car. I have had my full driving licence for 6.5 years and have never had any reprimands, warnings or penalty points.

I am certified in CPR and have completed the ‘Adult and Pediatric AED and CPR’ curriculum of the ‘Irish Heart Foundation’. As a medical student I am very aware of how to treat the signs and symptoms that children frequently portray when ill, having seen a multitude of cases in various Cork hospitals and General Practice clinics while on placement.

I have been a childminder for a lovely family since May 2014- a girl and a boy who were aged 4 and 6 when I started, now aged 7 and 9. When the summer was coming to an end, the family asked me to remain as their childminder/homework tutor, thus extending what was only supposed to be a fulltime summer job. I looked after them again last summer (2015) on request. and shall be minding them for a part of this summer as well.

Since September 2014 I have also been minding 3 year old twins three mornings a week, preparing them for preschool and all that it entails, as well as having ´morning storytime´ before dropping them off at 8:30am. My time with them came to an end in May due to the fact that the parents finished work for the summer and the twins will be starting primary school in September.

For the month of June I looked after two children at their home ( a boy and a girl aged 4 and 1 respectively) while their parents were working, until they left to go on holiday for the remainder of the summer. When they returned at the end of August I was asked to recommence minding them, which I did until they moved to America this February.

I have, and have had many other jobs including twin girls who were 10 months when I began minding them; a 5 year old boy and his 3 year old sister; a 2 year old girl, and many many more. I also have a 10 year old brother and teenage cousins who I frequently look after, so I am also extremely accustomed to older children!

The aforementioned are only some of my most recent childminding jobs. I also do occasional babysitting for other families who have remained in contact with me over the years since the time I babysat for them. It is lovely to see how the children have grown up and I remain close to many of my previous charges. This includes regularly skyping two lovely girls and their family who moved to Iceland two Christmases ago.

I am available:
all morning/day/evening/night every weekend,
early mornings every day of the week,
all evenings/nights every day of the week (from 5pm onwards).

I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my profile. Should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
My email address is caoimhl@hotmail.com.

Excellent references can be provided on request.

Kindest regards,
Caoimhe Lonergan

discussion forum terms & conditions

;