Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Hello & childminding question on pay rates & suggestions welcome

re... : Hello & childminding question on pay rates & suggestions welcome           reply
13/12/2014 10:48 - Introduce Yourself
-----------------------------------
Thanks a mil! Was thinking it would be about that. Thanks again

re : Hello & childminding question on pay rates & suggestions welcome           reply
12/12/2014 10:40 - Introduce Yourself
Hi, youll def find someone to work the two hours in the morning...its min wage at least n youll need need to register as an employer...but with cleaning n early start, id say youd be looking at approx 25 to 30euro a morning...

Hello & childminding question on pay rates & suggestions welcome           reply
11/12/2014 21:58 - Introduce Yourself (Locality: Clare)
Hi everyone, I´m new to the site. I am going back to work and have my children going to crèche which opens at 8am. School opens at 9.10 ( country school!) and bell rings at 9.20 ) I need to be at work at 7.45 and can finish at 3.45 but can also need to stay back til 5 also and start as early as 7.30 and it takes me 20 mins to get from work to school. I have 3 children and one of my little men was born with Down syndrome so he needs a little extra help dressing etc and has at least one appointment in ennis or limerick a week during working hours. My older son finishes homework club at 4pm but could also just go straight to ´after school´ instead 0and be there til 6pm. Crèche and school are within 5/10omin walking distance.
I plan to still keep them attending crèche and after school with the possible exception f the older one who does homework club.

I think I need someone to call to my house at 7.20am or 7.30am finish dressing the children, give them breakfast and possibly leave kitchen tidy etc so I need help 7.30am to 9.30amapprox. I might also need help with pickup 4-5/5.30 say if I´m working late and the older child stays going to homework club. Additionally there is typically a pm appointment (3pm) for 1hour not inc travel to and from...

So my question is : am I looking at this the right way? Gave I worked out correctly what I need and. What kind of rates/ charges should I reasonably expect to pay ?? Many thanks for reading ! Maeve

discussion forum terms & conditions

;