Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Help me find a primary school around Limerick

Help me find a primary school around Limerick           reply
20/07/2015 12:14 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Clare)
-----------------------------------
Hi

I am a French mom with three kids (6.5, 3.5 and 2 year). My husband will start a new job in Limerick on mid-September.

We are looking for a nice place to leave, County Clare seems to be the right one. We want to leave at maximum 30’ by car around Limerick.

We are quite enthusiastic for this relocation but I am a bit anxious for the schools.

I understand that my son born in Jan 2009, will attend the first class and my daughter born in Jan 2012 will be in preschool under the ECCE Scheme.

I have been told that it is quite important to choose the right primary in order for the kids to be eligible for the secondary school.

A good educational environment is one of our prime concerns for our kids abroad.

May you know some nice place with good school around Limerick? We would really prefer the gender mixed.

Should I already contact the schools per email since I am a bit late? Indeed I have started to look at some schools and the policy enrolment states that on March or April at the latest, the number of children is definitive for the next year.

Many thanks in advance for your advices.

Christine

discussion forum terms & conditions

;