Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Home Tutor required 1st Class Swords North Dublin

Home Tutor required 1st Class Swords North Dublin           reply
29/06/2017 17:11 - Special Needs / Tutors Required (Locality: Dublin North)
-----------------------------------
My boy Charlie 7 years old will be going into 1st class this September in the gael scoil and we live in Swords.

He will be given a special assist teacher within a small group 5-6 pupils who need extra help.

He is struggling in reading Irish and the maths through Irish, also they only started Jolly phonics at Easter so he scored below average but it was brought to my attention and we are doing extra English reading activities and he has improved through a retest but is still below average. He also has a photographic memory so thats why i never spotted it. I have been helping him with the English reading but the Irish I find difficult myself as I only have done the parents classes and I wasn´t taught in school.
My 2nd boy will be starting junior infants also in Sep so he may benefit help also.

I was thinking a minimum of 2 days a week say tue & thur help with homework from Sep or if your available during the summer let me know also.

Must be Garda vetted and approved by other bodies. Experience with this age group preferred.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Geraldine

re : Home Tutor required 1st Class Swords North Dublin           reply
02/07/2017 09:35 - Special Needs / Tutors Required
Hi Geraldine my name is orlaith I´m a primary school teacher in Ashbourne. I´ve been teaching 10 years 7 of those in infants and 1 with 1st class. I´ve 1st class next year even. I´m a big advocate of child centred education. I´ll forward you my CV if you´d like. I´m garda vetted and 32 years old. Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Regards
Orlaith

05/07/2017 17:40 - Special Needs / Tutors Required
Hi Geraldine,
My name is Sabrina and I´m a primary school teacher. I live in Waterside in Swords and would definitely be interested in helping your sons with homework.
I hope to hear from you in the near future.
Kind regards,
Sabrina

07/07/2017 21:26 - Special Needs / Tutors Required
Hi there
I would be interested. I teach in a gaelscoil also and speak irish at home to my child. I live in Balbriggan. I have taught all age levels but mainly focused on the junior end. I love jolly phonics also.
Feel free to contact me 0868750942

re... : Home Tutor required 1st Class Swords North Dublin           reply
22/08/2017 10:02 - Special Needs / Tutors Required
Hello Orlaith,
Would you be available to give one or two sessions to a 6 year old this week or next? I would value your guidance on effective ways to teach literacy/jolly phonics.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Ali

22/08/2017 10:05 - Special Needs / Tutors Required
Yes I´m free until I return back to work myself tomorrow week and after that can do evenings in September if necessary. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

22/08/2017 10:22 - Special Needs / Tutors Required
Thank you Orlaith, that´s great. Would you prefer to come to us (located between Naul and Garristown) or for us to go to you?
This week would be ideal, either today or Thursday if that would suit you?

22/08/2017 10:57 - Special Needs / Tutors Required
Today would suit. Sent you a pm there

24/08/2017 09:52 - Special Needs / Tutors Required
Hello Sabrina,
Can I check if you would be available for one session to focus on effective ways to support my child with the jolly phonics programme please? He´s 6 and beginning in senior infants. I´m keen to do this today or tomorrow.
Look forward yo hearing from you.
Regards,
Alison

24/08/2017 16:42 - Special Needs / Tutors Required
Hi Alison,
Sorry am only seeing this now. Tomorrow would suit. My mobile number is 087 0549344 if you would like to contact me.
Sabrina

discussion forum terms & conditions

;