Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much for a childminder in Lucan

re : How much for a childminder in Lucan           reply
03/04/2012 05:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi If you are childminding in childminders home, it is usually 40 per day per child with discounts for families. So maybe around 80/90 a day would be fair.
Eventhough she/he will be minding in your house they will be filling their time with places they could fil in their own house, so off term time may be an issue if they will not be paid then.
You should discuss arrangements for bank holidays and sick pay etc. The HSE have a list of registered childminders. The have a childminding section Bride Clancy will send you the list.
An Au-pair is a more ecconomical way to mind in your own house, but you wont get the experience and attention of an experienced child minder,
good luck on your search, hope you find someone.

re... : How much for a childminder in Lucan           reply
04/04/2012 10:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi Sharon
I will pay for four weeks holidays and my childminder will take holidays when i do but if she wants extra holidays they will be at her own expence.If for some reason she cant mind them on one of her days i wouldnt pay her but if i take a day off i would as its my choice to be off .Between me and my husband we have 8 weeks off during the year and probably wont take them at the same time so my childminder would still have the kids for a couple of weeks when either one of us is at home so as she is not down money .So she is paid 48 weeks in the year
Regards
carina

04/04/2012 09:46 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thansk Carina, do you also pay for holidays and when the children are not there?
Thanks
Sharon

02/04/2012 19:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi just wondering did you get someone. I have kids similar in ages to yourself...and am just starting to look for a minder now.
Maybe we could reserach together and swap cvs!
I live in newcastle.
Shar

03/04/2012 05:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi If you are childminding in childminders home, it is usually 40 per day per child with discounts for families. So maybe around 80/90 a day would be fair.
Eventhough she/he will be minding in your house they will be filling their time with places they could fil in their own house, so off term time may be an issue if they will not be paid then.
You should discuss arrangements for bank holidays and sick pay etc. The HSE have a list of registered childminders. The have a childminding section Bride Clancy will send you the list.
An Au-pair is a more ecconomical way to mind in your own house, but you wont get the experience and attention of an experienced child minder,
good luck on your search, hope you find someone.

How much for a childminder in Lucan           reply
27/03/2012 20:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin West)
Hi

Was wondering if anyone could help me please, was offered a job starting in Sept 2012, I would be working in primary education so would be off all school holidays and the summers, I would be looking for a childminder to come to my home to look after 2 boys ages 6 1/2 and 4 1/2 and also a 2 1/2 girl. The day would be

8am/ 830am to my home so I could head to work
then drop off boys to school for 9am and then drop off sister to playschool for 930am.

free time from 930-1230 as everyone in school

pick up daughter at 1230 from playschool (school only 2 doors away from house)
pick up boy 1 at 1340 from local school
pick up boy 2 at 1440 from local school

should be home by 3pm every day.

Can any one advise me on price and if you pay while on school holidays

No house work, no cooking all dinners will be ready, no home work

just minding the kids

All replys and advise would be fantastic

25/04/2012 13:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hello Everyone..I am trying to find information on a childminder I will not need her until January when I move there to begin school at American College of Dublin but I will be visiting Ireland this summer and would like to meet with the ones that are interested in me and me interested in them as well..I will have a 7 year old who will be in 1st grade and a 3 year old..We are coming from the US so I would love a child minder who will not mind teaching my children about the Irish culture and heritage..We have lived in several countries and I love my children to learn as much as they can..Thank you guys so much and I look forward to hearing from you all soon. Lucan is one of my top choices right now as far as living I am open to other locations as well as long as I can commute to school..Thanks again

03/04/2012 12:48 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi i pay 75 a day for my three kids they go to the minders house I bring the food and nappies etc and she has to drop my son off to school .you will have to pay tax and prsi if you have some body in your home
regards
carina

05/04/2012 08:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks Carina, that sounds very fair to me. I think I will adopt the same approach when/if I get someone!
Thanks again for all your help!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;