Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much for full time baby & after school 9yr old?

re... : How much for full time baby & after school 9yr old?           reply
03/01/2013 17:30 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
€2.50 per hour for 2nd. child is very low Erika, would hardly cover the cost of food, let alone petrol if you have to do school runs. I am paid €5 per hour her child, and that was the rate offered by the parents. Personally, if someone wants reliable childcare, I think that is the minimum they should pay per hour per child.

re : How much for full time baby & after school 9yr old?           reply
02/01/2013 17:00 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi,
The going rate is €5 per hour per child. In your case appox €55 per day in childminders own home. Hope this helps.

re : How much for full time baby & after school 9yr old?           reply
03/01/2013 16:47 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
the going rate for one child is 5 euro per hr and the 2nd child is an extra 2.50

03/01/2013 17:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
€5 is very reasonable for minding my little boy as there is an awful lot of minding in a child so young but I think €5 for my very independent 9yr old girl who will only need a sandwich is a bit much. I will be looking for a minder who is very local to me as my job is only a 5 minute drive & the school is very local too so I hope there will be no need for the minder to drive :) Will also have to look at the holiday rate too as my sister in law who has two children 3 & 18months pays €70 a day for fulltime care & I would of thought I would pay less with my 2. Thanks a mil for all your responses as one of you pointed out sometimes you have to pay that bit extra for the quality of care you would like your children to receive. Now have to sort finances out to see if it will be worth my while. Thanks again!!

How much for full time baby & after school 9yr old?           reply
31/12/2012 10:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
Looking at going back to work but just wondering how much an hour it would be to mind my 5 month old boy & 9yr old girl. School pick-up at 2.30 & hours would be 8.30 till 5. Thanks

02/01/2013 18:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks Magf

03/01/2013 11:07 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I would agree with this rate but when the schoolchild is on holidays/ Summer you would need a higher amount, 65 to 70euro per day approx.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;