Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much should I be getting paid

How much should I be getting paid           reply
30/12/2016 19:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Please advise. I am a minder of 3 children- a baby of 13 months, a 6 year old boy, and a 10 year old little girl (with Down Syndrome). I start at 8am and finish at 5pm, Mon and Tues. The remainder of the week,I start at 8am and I finish at 1.30. During this time the 2 oldest children are in school, but I will have them in the afternoons on Mon and Tues. I get 260 euros per week. I am Garda Vetted, have qualifications, and have 25 years experience. I mind the children in their own home. Can someone please give me a rough figure as to how much I should be getting, or if what I am getting is about right? Thanks

re : How much should I be getting paid           reply
30/12/2016 22:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
In kids home, your entitled to minimum wage at least with a contract, holiday pay etc, for three kids its approximately €12-15 depending on your qualifications, experience etc, its an hourly rate regardless of kids in your care...did the family register as your employer and pay your prsi so you´ll qualify for benefits etc? If they didn´t they are breaking employment law, perhaps they are not aware of this fact!
If youv accepted cash unfortunately your open to abuse in some cases and would be unprotected if you´d an accident in their home etc. If you carry their kids in your car again a huge risk as your uninsured if insurance company find your a nanny should your car be involved in an accident. Hope this helps.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;