Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much should I charge??

How much should I charge??           reply
01/12/2014 20:51 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Kildare)
-----------------------------------
Hi everyone, just looking for abit of advice really. Iv been asked to child mind my friends 9 month old baby as she´s going back to work after maternity leave. I´m abit unsure as to what I should charge or what the going rate is for a childminder..?!.. We have come to an agreement that I will pick the child up in the morning to save her an her husband time so il be collecting him at half 7. Their house is 15 kilometres away from my home. So he will be in my care from half 7 in the morning till 6 o clock in the evening. I should mention that I´m not a qualified childminder myself but I do have a 3 year old little boy of my own and I´m first aid trained. But I´m very confused as to what I should charge for everything?.. The picking up and also a daily rate or an hourly rate?? Thanks in advance everyone

re : How much should I charge??           reply
02/12/2014 16:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I would say 45 a day.

re... : How much should I charge??           reply
02/12/2014 17:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
45euro is far too low..youll regret it...its such a long day...from experience childminding can be tough n its a very responsible job...
personally id get your friend to drop the baby to your house..they up and out anyway.., youd might have car to defrost, heat etc n bring your little child with you...
id charge 5euro an hr n agree a weekly rate if 5 days, I dont do any food all comes in bag.,.make sure uv a very clear contact re when u get paid, holidays etc, collection time, who supply food, nappies etc...

re... : How much should I charge??           reply
02/12/2014 19:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
your talking around 55 euro a day.your drive will be 9 miles up and same back 18 miles a day 5 days a week 90 euro.the price you ad on for petrol will depend on the size of the car.a 1 litre would be about 25/30 euro a week which would be 3 up and 3 back.there would be no point taking on the job if you don´t cover the costs of fuel

discussion forum terms & conditions

;