Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much should I charge

re... : How much should I charge           reply
15/10/2013 11:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
it would be 8 euro an hr.for 2 kids in minders home.or 10 in your home.petrol usage .should also be covered.

02/10/2013 08:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
at the moment.i would probably stick it out.even till christmas..get that out of the way.at some stage.if you decide to leave.they will be hit.with the full rate..the rate their paying you.is 1.90 an hr per child.they should be paying 15 euro an hr.
if their willing to pay 10 euro an hr.then you should ask to be paid for holidays they take.sick days thats taken.and any days.they decide to take of.it seems to be all one sided.

re : How much should I charge           reply
01/10/2013 13:09 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
its 10 euro an hr.for 3 kids in minders home.your minding 4 in parents home.it should be 15 euro.their saying 10 is to much.
your on tricky ground.as its a neighbour.maybe ask for it to be put up to 80.

04/10/2013 10:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I personally don´t like the sound of "I dont get paid for the days Im not needed". If its three days a week, you need to get paid for three days a week....your available to work and have bills etc.
Part-timers in my own home I give them flexibility as any days I have the child/ren is extra money for me.

23/10/2013 07:36 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Just to let ye all know I decided to pass on this position. From all your advices it appears she is looking for someone to do it for nothing. She started off offering €60 per day to include drop offs and pickups and eventually agreed to go to €70 but wouldn´t budge on that so I wished her well and passed on it. Thanks again for all your comments

15/10/2013 11:58 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
80 a day seems ok to me.

04/10/2013 17:06 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Can any body help, I´m not sure how much to pay for a minder to look after a 3 yr old and a 11 mnt old for 4 hrs a day 3 days a week, also drop off and pick up my 5 yr old on the 3 days (9 am drop- 12pm pick up! Any help would be great.
Thanks
R

23/10/2013 13:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
think you did right thing,mothers will spend 70euro on hair or a dress but find
it hard to part with fair rate for good child care.well pay peanuts get monkeys.
best wishes

20/10/2013 15:21 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I think parents should appreciate their child minder and not look diwn on them. After all they are doing the most important job anyone will ever do for them in minding their most precious possessions. I cannot understand how they will pay a babysitter so well to just sit there and watch tv while the children are asleep but yet have such a problem with paying their childminder a fair days pay for a fair days work

re : How much should I charge           reply
30/09/2013 22:12 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Meant to add I will be minding the children in their own home

22/10/2013 20:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
very true ,25euro to have hair done but find it hard to part with 5euro per hour to have their minded child .....i never get that myself.

03/10/2013 12:20 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for all your help. Will have another chat before I commit

15/10/2013 10:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
70 is too generous

01/10/2013 20:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I did suggest €80 per day initially buti she wouldnt agree to that much. Just from speaking to people in my area the general consensus is that €70 per day is too little, it works out at €7.77 per hour and this is what they are offering whether I have 4 at home all day or if they are in school. I dont want to commit to it and feel that I am being taken advantage of but yet it is a pity to turn down the opportunity to earn some extra cash in this current climate

01/10/2013 09:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
They are getting a good deal there. I usually pay 4-5euro an hour per child. I know its more if the kids are minded in their own home. Some people offer discounts for multiple children. No school drop off will take off a little but still think you are being very good to do it for that.

18/10/2013 17:57 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
its payment for a job of work not a gift .
the rate where i am is 8euro per hour in minders home.
dublin west .
this is to mind two children the most precious things parents have.think its a fair price my friend .

How much should I charge           reply
30/09/2013 22:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I have been asked by a neighbour to mind their 4 children ranging in age from 5 years to 1 year. The two older children are in school, one home at 2.30 and one home at 3.30. I don´t do school drop offs or pick ups. I am being asked to work from 8.15 to 5.15 - 3 days a week, I don´t get paid on days I am not needed or holiday pay. It is requested that I take the two younger children out each morning for walks/park/mother and toddler group. I don´t prepare meals or do any housework. I am being offered €70 per day - is this enough?? I have asked for €10 per hour but have been told that this is too much.

As I am new to his can someone please advise??

22/10/2013 12:19 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
you should definatly not do it for less than 12 an hour if they are to get anyone else they will be hit with the full 15 an hour charge, they are trying to get someone to do it on the cheap and in the long run it prob wont last if they have that attitute

discussion forum terms & conditions

;