Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much to charge

re : How much to charge           reply
07/03/2015 10:49 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
You also need to take into consideration that while the 2 other kids are at school that your minder is their guardian and if anything is wrong or happens, irs the minder that goes to get them and cares for them.

How much to charge           reply
04/03/2015 14:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Wexford)
Hi Ladies, I´m new to the board. I have 3 boys, my first boy is 4.5 and is in junior infants, my middle boy is 3.5 and is in playschool until 12:30 3 days a week and my third boy is 2. My husband who has been minding the kids up until now is starting a full time job on Monday. I´ve decided to go mornings only and am hoping to find a minder to come to my home from 8am until about 1:15. I don´t want any housework or cooking done. Basically all I want them to do it get them dressed in the morning, give them a bowl of cereal if they haven´t already eaten and bring them to school (I´m a 2 minute walk from the schools). They will have the baby for the full day and my middle boy for 2 full mornings and for 45 minutes 3 days. I´ll be home to collect my eldest from school. I just want them to play with the kids and give them a drink/snack when they are hungry. I have no clue how much a child minder would expect to be paid for this. Would anyone have any suggestions?

re... : How much to charge           reply
08/03/2015 00:16 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
the rate of pay would still be the same regardless of kids in school or not.it would be around euro 50 per day for 3 kids. she may also expect to be paid for any sick days and days taken of on your side. and any holidays you may take christmas included.

05/03/2015 11:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
its normally 10 euro for 3 kids in a minders own home.but in your home it could be 11/12 euro per hour.

05/03/2015 15:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
In your house though its a rate of pay per hour, not based on how many kids...your paying for the nanny to be in your house, the rate will increase based on number of kids, amount cleaning, cooking etc required..
playschool hours are not reduced in cm house either, if parent has issue with paying for them, they are free to leave and one takes on a baby...
have you advertised locally or contacted any numbers advertising...areas and prices can differ greatly due to supply and demand of n for childcare..

05/03/2015 11:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for replies, just a bit confused as it´s not actually minding 3 kids for the whole time, due to school it will really only be 3 kids for the first hours and it varies after that depending on playschool days. I was thinking the region of €150 per week?

04/03/2015 18:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi, as you in your own home, your looking to employ a nanny so youv legal responsibility, see revenue.ie for further info..youd be looking at least min wage per hour, it all depends on nanny in question, experience, qualifications etc...every hr would be same regardless of number of children...
having a nanny most expensive form of childcare but probably worth it as youv three boys...ring around and compare..

06/03/2015 00:23 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
is it a full week or less .you will probably pay around 10 euro per hour.which would be 250 a week .150 works out at 30 euro per day.even with kids in school the rate is the same.a good childminder is worth her weight in gold.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;