Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much to charge for minding in children's home?

How much to charge for minding in children´s home?           reply
28/05/2012 17:32 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi I´ve been offered a childminding job and I am wondering is their rate of pay fair as i am confused after reading loads of comments on this forum.
They are offering me 50e per day to mind 2 children (1yr old & 5yrs old) in THEIR home from 8am to 5pm. I would be bringing the eldest to school and collecting him (I presume). They did not mention meals. It would be for 3 days a week. So i would have the eldest for about 4hrs and the younger child for 9hrs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Oh i´m in the midlands if that helps? Thanks!

re : How much to charge for minding in children´s home?           reply
29/05/2012 08:53 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
A childminder is a person who single-handedly cares for a small group of children in the childminders own home. They are self employed and can set their own rates, depending on hours, location and number of children minded etc. if you childmind in the childrens home, you are employed by the parents and are entitled to minimum wage at least. That is the legal position but it seems that there are lots of people out there who are not playing by the rules. The parents are breaking the law if they pay you less than minimum wage and dont fulfill their responsibilities as regards tax, prsi etc. Its up to you if you decide whether to take the position or not, unfortunately things are so tough at the moment that if you dont someone else probably will.

re... : How much to charge for minding in children´s home?           reply
30/05/2012 11:41 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks very much for your comment! They seemed firm that that was going to be their rate of pay so I am wondering how would i bring it up. Especially when minding a baby is involved.
If anyone has any other info for me it would be greatly appreciated!

re... : How much to charge for minding in children´s home?           reply
21/06/2012 08:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
.its normally 5 euro for 1 child and 3 euro for the second. and you should also include school drop ofs and pick ups.petrol dosent come cheap.i think 65 a day should cover it

discussion forum terms & conditions

;