Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

How much to pay existing childminder

re : How much to pay existing childminder           reply
13/08/2016 07:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Assuming by childminder you mean she is in her home and registered/insured as €40 is at a very good rate... it´s a little hard figure out the change.
If the childminder is now going start at the child being dropped to her after playschool then yes new rate and new contract. However if you expect childminder to be available when child not well, school closed etc than this must be looked at. Also it must be considered can childminder afford or want a reduction in her rate so might let ye go and take on a new baby.
Majority insured childminders will not offer a reduction in daily rate on ecce starting as theyve to cover both school runs.

re : How much to pay existing childminder           reply
12/08/2016 22:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Personally (speaking as a childminder) I only charge a little less as woul be on call as such and couldn´t fill the place with another ill time place X
Childminders can only take a certain amount of little ones at a time so unless she can find someone just for the morning slot

How much to pay existing childminder           reply
12/08/2016 09:22 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
My childminder minds my 3 year old daughter and currently charges €40 per day for 8 to 5.
She´s starting playschool in a few weeks so she won´t have her until 12. She won´t be doing any drop offs or collections. However she will mind him until 6.
Do we continue on the same rate or should I look for a reduction. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thx

discussion forum terms & conditions

;