Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Long term childminder - what to expect ?

re : Long term childminder - what to expect ?           reply
15/05/2015 06:39 - Wexford Childminders
-----------------------------------
Hi there, I personally dont think it will matter cost wise if your child is minded in your own home or the minders home. In deciding what you require consider things like do you want someone alone in your home all day? Are you going to ask the minder to do light housework (that will affect your cost). Also, I think if you have someone in your own home you are liable for their PRSI. Not sure about that one though. The hourly cost in Wexford seems to be E5 an hour with more for anti-social hours (ie if you needed someone at 6am say) If it is more than one child the cost will depend on the childminder and their qualifications. The minimum requirements you should ask for is Garda vetting and references and always check peoples references. And when you are interviewing ask as many questions as you want. I know that whenever I meet parents I never ever object to them asking me questions. AND TRUST YOUR OWN INSTINCTS. . Hope this helps you.

re : Long term childminder - what to expect ?           reply
14/05/2015 23:36 - Wexford Childminders
Hi juat wondering were your from and if your looking for someone? I have loads of references and Have a cert in caring for children 0-6years I also have garda vetting. I did summer work in a playschool in 2008 and since then have done work experience in a playschool and iv done voluntary work as a special needs assistant

Long term childminder - what to expect ?           reply
14/05/2015 19:37 - Wexford Childminders
Hi - I will be looking for a long term childminder in Aug/sept 4 -5 days per week. Can people tell me what should I expect i.e how much per day (Mon - Fri 8.30 - 5pm). I would prefer child minded in own home but open to childminders home also. Do I pay holidays at the same rate if in childminders home. What do I need to be looking for other than the obvious like refs, Garda vetting? All feedback welcome. TIA

discussion forum terms & conditions

;