Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Looking for a student Exchange 2023/24

Looking for a student Exchange 2023/24           reply
01/06/2023 21:32 - Announcements
-----------------------------------
We are I.E.S. Pino Rueda, a small Secondary Education school in a town called Umbrete, near Seville. We have been doing this exchange since 2017 (except for the infamous pandemic years 20-21-22). Up to this day, we have done the exchange with a school in the Netherlands, but we would love to try new schools, so I thought Ireland was the perfect country.
The main aim for our exchange is to open our students´ minds to Europe in order to appreciate the differences and similarities in our cultures and embrace them. We choose a cultural topic for every exchange and we ask our students to investigate about different aspects of that topic and to create presentations to share with our host school students. We plan indoor and outdoor activities (including culture, sport and leisure) which help our exchange students to get to know our region better, and to enjoy a full immersion stay.
We select 24 highly motivated candidates among our 15-year-old students with the best academic and behavior report, and we match them with 24 students selected by the school abroad. In order to make the best matchings possible, we ask them information about their personality, hobbies, sports, food allergies, pets, etc.
The actual exchange takes place during two different weeks (one spent in Umbrete and one abroad) although the students and their families get in contact and start communicating before they meet.
During the exchange week, the students stay with their matching student´s family and participate in all the activities in the programme. (Below, there are some examples of our programmes).
We try to make the exchange as affordable as possible for our students´ families, so we organize everything by ourselves and never book through agencies. This year, our families have paid 500€ for the exchange. It includes return flight tickets, travel insurance and all the activities in the Spanish programme.
We usually do it this way; Spanish families pay for all the activities at home and our host families abroad pay for the activities in their country, and both schools try to stick to the same budget to create similar programmes for a good quality exchange.
I hope you find it interesting and I would love that we were able to make this exchange possible. I look forward to your comments on this proposal.

Mónica Cañón (monictec@iespinorueda.com) or Juana Mª Romero (juani.ing@iespinorueda.com)

re : Looking for a student Exchange 2023/24           reply
13/11/2023 11:11 - Announcements
-----------------------------------
We are looking for some school exchange partners. Our students are looking forward to meeting new friends abroad and their families are looking forward to hosting foreign students in their homes.
Contact us if you are intersted and ask us any questions. Don´t hesitate! We´ll be delighted to answer as soon as possible.
Regards

discussion forum terms & conditions

;

File Attachment Icon
Spanish program_4SE.pdf