Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Moving back to Ireland, need Cm but have no idea of the ins and outs of it, Please help.

Moving back to Ireland, need Cm but have no idea of the ins and outs of it, Please help.           reply
26/05/2015 03:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Dublin North)
-----------------------------------
Hi,

My hubby and I are moving back to Ireland in a few months and will need to find a child minder to look after our two kids aged 3 and 6 months. I have no idea what hourly rate we would expect to pay and what´s more I have no idea what rules or regulations are in place in Ireland so please excuse my ingnorance!! We would like a childminder to come to our home. What rate roughly would we be expected to pay (obv depending on exp) and do we pay for bank holidays when the CM isn´t working or holidays that the childminder takes too ( or even hols that we take and childminder isn´t working)? Are there any CM that take cash in hand or do we need to register as an employer or something- if so how do we go about this and what expense is involved? Sorry for all the ques as you can tell I´m new to all of this and haven´t a clue! Thank you.

re : Moving back to Ireland, need Cm but have no idea of the ins and outs of it, Please help.           reply
26/05/2015 06:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
As your in your home, it´s a nanny you will be employing, see revenue.ie, minimum wage at least, you´ll need to give payslips, statutory hols etc...

discussion forum terms & conditions

;