Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Night time feeds for toddler

re : Night time feeds for toddler           reply
29/04/2016 08:18 - Ask Mother Hen
-----------------------------------
My daughter turned two last week and she still wakes on average three times per night!! Really don´t know what to do either, have tried everything. Our first daughter was fantastic for sleeping so not sure where we have gone wrong. I am just hoping she goes out of it. I have heard that if you start phasing the milk out gradually by giving watered down version and eventually just water, they will stop waking for it ??

re... : Night time feeds for toddler           reply
29/04/2016 17:36 - Ask Mother Hen
God, I would just give him the bottle if he sleeps with it, that´s what we do anyway, bad habit I know but they grow out of it and anything for a quiet life ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰ best of luck

29/04/2016 17:21 - Ask Mother Hen
Hi ladies well it´s been a weird couple of days. Wednesday night he went to bed at 8 m.we gave him a bottle before he went to bed.he screamed for an hour with us going in to settle him every 10 mins,then he woke at 11 screamed for an hour wouldn´t drink from his sippy cup same again every 10mins and he went off again, then he woke at 3 same again horrendous screaming til 4 then I gave him one of the small bottles with half water in it and he grabbed it & slept til 6.45 so just have to persevere with it. Thursday night (second night) went better he went asleep first after 20 mins then woke at 1 for about 15 mins and then was awake at 6๐Ÿ˜ƒ. Hopefully tonight will be better again....... fingers crossed

28/04/2016 20:05 - Ask Mother Hen
Only seeing this now,
How did you get on?
My son (two on Monday) is still up for a drink so unfortunately I´m not beat for advice x

Night time feeds for toddler           reply
27/04/2016 15:38 - Ask Mother Hen
Hi, I´m the mother of a 19 month old boy. He has never slept through the nightfor us and wakes often for a bottle which in turn needs his nappy changed during the night.myself and my husband are exhausted and run down. he has got used to waking up for the bottle (our fault completely) and freaks out if he doesnt get it.We are going to try to stop the night bottles tonight and are looking for a bit of advice. Should we go cold turkey with himor maybe give him some milk in a cup? Any advice would be appreciated.

29/04/2016 19:15 - Ask Mother Hen
Ah no it was getting a bit ridiculous he wasn´t just satisfied with the one bottle & wasn´t even settling with it. Something had to give!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;