Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

O2 Ability Awards Nomination for Blanchardstown tuition centre - The Homework Club

O2 Ability Awards Nomination for Blanchardstown tuition centre - The Homework Club           reply
24/01/2010 23:42 - Announcements
-----------------------------------
Hello .. I introduced myself to this site a few months ago, Dr. Naoisé O´Reilly. I´m the founder of The Homework Club on the Main Street of Blancharstown. We will be open a year next week and I thought it would be a good time to share some of success stories for our first year. We won the Dublin 15 chamber award in October for the best new startup business in the area and we are delighted to have been nominated for the O2 Ability Awards. We have completed our on-site assessment in December and it was a very positive experience.

We have been nominated for this award because of our unusual approach to integrating students with learning difficulties effectively into all our classes. As we offer such a personal service that allows us to teach and focus on each students needs, it is possible for us to create our classes in a way to suit everyone. As those of you who have meet me will know I spend time interviewing all our students before they start with us.

We have had so many success stories with students in the last year it is amazing. We are beginning to see some patterns in the areas of difficulties that arise and from this we have created a number of new classes and courses. One such example is our Primary Transition classes. These focus on the period from 6th class Primary to 1st year secondary school. This can be a very overwhelming time for many students. Confidence building is important for all our classes but it is particularly vital for this stage in development.

As always I am happy to take any enquires and I hope the next few months will see many more success stories for us all.

Naoisé (www.homeworkclub.ie, 085 1129660, naoiseoreily@homeworkclub.ie)

discussion forum terms & conditions

;