Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Paid for Holidays - whats the norm?

re : Paid for Holidays - whats the norm?           reply
09/05/2012 08:05 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
I am childminder and so are most of my friends. I think that the deal you have been offered is pretty much the norm to be honest, 40 euro is the usual daily rate, and it is definately the norm to get paid for bank holidays. Childminding Ireland recommend that childminders should get paid for 52 weeks of the year, and many of them do. Everyone I know gets paid for Christmas, Easter and the parents holidays, most but not all of them take a couple of weeks at their own exspense in the summer. If this lady is lovely and has excellent references i would snap her up to be honest with you.

Paid for Holidays - whats the norm?           reply
08/05/2012 21:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I am investigating childminders (for a 5 day week) for a 6month baby; a very nice lady with excellent references has requested to be paid €40 per day - or €200 per week, to be paid all year round including bank holidays, Christmas and Easter and also when we go on Holidays. The only time she would not be paid is when she is on holidays for 2 weeks. This works out at €10k per year after tax, and seems excessive to me! Can anybody give me a steer if this is the norm? I would be expected to provide dinner she will provide breakfast and snacks and the hours are 9-5.30pm. We are in Kildare. Thankyou!

re... : Paid for Holidays - whats the norm?           reply
09/05/2012 10:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
40 euro a day.is the normal rate.

re : Paid for Holidays - whats the norm?           reply
08/05/2012 22:31 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes! Christmas and Easter and Bank holidays are pushing it a bit! Even half rate for Christmas and Easter..would be generous enough!
As a childminder myself, I do usuaully ask to be paid during the family´s summer holidays..but NEVER if I am not available-We just try and book together to save us both money!
Hope this helps and if you are still looking please pm me!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;