Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Pay Child Minder While Child In Play School? Advice Needed?

Pay Child Minder While Child In Play School? Advice Needed?           reply
13/06/2019 23:18 - Kildare Childminders
-----------------------------------
Hi There,

My child is minded part time in Crèche & part time with a minder in her own home. In September he will start his ‘free’ ECCE Hours. My childminder has told me she wants to
Be paid while he is in ECCE hours as she will be on stand by to collect him
If anything happened. Can someone tell
Me if this is standard or not? It means that ECCE is of no benefit to me.

Thank you.

re : Pay Child Minder While Child In Play School? Advice Needed?           reply
14/06/2019 12:27 - Kildare Childminders
I totally agree with the child minder she wont fill that space with another child while yours at p.school if shes dropping and collecting and is on stand by for sickness or accidents she should totally be paid. ECCE is FREE so it´s not like your out of pocket anyway. If you and your child are happy with the minder I wouldn´t rock the boat and appear to be mean.

re... : Pay Child Minder While Child In Play School? Advice Needed?           reply
14/06/2019 14:37 - Kildare Childminders
Thanks for that,
Appreciate the input. I suppose my situation is different as I have 2 able grandparents locally who are there in case of emergencies so I don’t need that cover. The first few years of childcare are very expensive for parents so when ECCE comes along it is very welcome. I am thinking I will probably go full tome with the crèche to avail of the savings with ECCE.
It’s a tricky one for others I can see that.

re : Pay Child Minder While Child In Play School? Advice Needed?           reply
15/06/2019 00:50 - Kildare Childminders
Hi
I don´t charge for the hours the children I mind are in school....Every childminder has their own rules plus I live near to the preschool/schools that the children I mind attend.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;