Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Pay Query

re : Pay Query           reply
18/04/2016 15:59 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Per hour?
Has she given any reason why you at €290 and she at €200, almost a third difference!!! Less hours many charge a higher rate per hour.

re... : Pay Query           reply
18/04/2016 16:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks for your replies. Mam gave no reason for the reduction! Just handed me a copy of my contract edited by her with "proposed wages" at the top. Her rate works out at €5.70 and hour and we are currently on €8.50. I don´t get paid for any collections i do. I will be working double what I am now come the end of June. I currently work 16 hours a week and from end of June it will be 35 hours per week with one to two collections a day.
Thanks

re : Pay Query           reply
18/04/2016 15:55 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
If your a childminder, ie minding kids in your own home ie self employed but do collect them from their own house, you should be advising the parent what your rate is! I used collect child from family home previous but it suited me.
I´d stick with €8.50 and add whatever you charge for sch runs...I haven´t time add up your new pay rate,,what is parent putting it at?

18/04/2016 18:35 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I suppose you can take some joy in her word "proposed" but I couldn´t entertain this carry on at all. I may have some movement if the parent had said we simply can´t afford €8.50 as hours increasing etc and ask see if reduction for period of time and overpay again or something. it´s down to you if you can afford reduced rate or indeed want the work at the reduced rate.

Pay Query           reply
18/04/2016 13:43 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi I´ve been minding a Brother and sister for the last 16 months on an agreed rate of €8.50 per hour. I´m based in Meath. I have the children 3:30-6:30 Monday to Thursday and on Fridays 11:30-12:30 drop to Montessori and collect at 3:30 and have them until 6:30. I also collect them on a Friday from their home. During school holidays the same hourly rate is agreed and I collect them from their home each day.

Mam gave me a "revised" pay scale for the summer and when one of the two children start school in September. During the summer I will have them 5 days a week 11:30-6:30 and collect from their home everyday. That should be a weekly pay of €290, mam wants to drop that to €200. During the school term come September she wants to pay the €40 a day but I will collect youngest at 12:30 from Montessori and collect older child from the school at approx 2pm and keep both until 6:30.

I´m looking for your opinions and advise as we are due to discus the matter this evening.

Thanks in advance

18/04/2016 18:39 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
We chatted today and she was quite firm on her standing that she can´t afford that rate and that she would be better off not working. I could afford to drop it slightly but not by much! I really appreciate your replies! She also said that she thought the daily rate was too high although it´s what she agreed.

19/04/2016 07:03 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Parents often can fine cheaper rates elsewhere a point I ignore but point out what I offer...as the kids and parents happy for so long that´s a positive point for you...parents often don´t see it as childminder needs make a living also, not their fault often as traditionally the childminder has been mammy at home making a little side income. As for parent saying your rate was too high, how dare she! Hopefully you both can meet in the middle as it´s terrible loss to lose minded kids in any circumstances x

discussion forum terms & conditions

;