Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Pen-Pal for US child

re : Pen-Pal for US child           reply
29/05/2010 10:52 - Introduce Yourself
-----------------------------------
Hi Lou

I have an 8 year old son too, and he´d love a penpal! I had an American pen pal myself when I was young and it was always so exciting when that letter came through the door and to hear what life was like growing up in the US! My son loves sport and reading.
If your son or any of his friends are interested, that would be super!

Thanks
Amanda ;)

re... : Pen-Pal for US child           reply
04/06/2010 06:37 - Introduce Yourself

Hi Lou,

That´s great, it´s been something I´ve wanted my daughter to do for ages, I had penpals when I was a child and loved their letters, will get the pen and paper out this weekend.

We done know a lot about North Carolina, but I´m sure we´ll learn.

Thanks

Ashley101

Pen-Pal for US child           reply
26/05/2010 00:11 - Introduce Yourself
Hello! I am a mother of an 8 year old american boy that is looking for a pen pal for the summer. He is hoping to find someone around his own age to help him learn things about Ireland that he can not find in books. He loves to read, is interested in sports, art, and animals. There are several other of his classmateds that are interested in pen pals as well.

Thanks,
Lou Greiner

re... : Pen-Pal for US child           reply
03/06/2010 23:36 - Introduce Yourself
Oh this well be so wonderful for both of them. As soon as I see his classmates parents I will get their address´. If she would like to write him our address is
Gabreil Roth
3840 N.C. Highway 73
West End, NC, 27376

I really do think it is so important for them to learn about other places first hand instead of reading about it.

~Lou

re : Pen-Pal for US child           reply
29/05/2010 07:26 - Introduce Yourself

Hi Lou,

I have an 8 year old daughter and she would just love a pen pal from America, not sure your son would like to have a girl pen pal but if he does or has any friends (girls) who would like that please get in touch,

Ashley101

discussion forum terms & conditions

;