Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Please help

re... : Please help           reply
31/08/2012 10:34 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Thanks a mill that helps alot :)

Please help           reply
29/08/2012 15:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay (Locality: Cork)
Hi hopeing someone can help, Ive been asked to mind 2 children 2 1/2 year old and an 8 month old 8am-5.30pm Mon-Fri........have been offered 300 euro per week no holiday pay,bank holiday pay or sick pay when children sick also family take 6 weeks holiday a year..........Any advice greatly appreciated :) Should I ask for more per week ?????
Am fully qualified,have plenty of glowing references as Ive been a childminder 8 years but only afterschool care up till now

re : Please help           reply
30/08/2012 08:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I think the rate of 300 a week is about average for 2 kids, you probably deserve more with your training and experience, but to be honest the way things are at the moment its a decent enough rate. The holidays however are a different issue. I always draw up a contract in which i set out my expectations for holiday pay etc. i would expect to be paid for all bank holidays, and paid for the days i am due to work but the children are not sent to me for one reason or another, illness, duvet day or whatever. I wouldn´t expect to be paid for any sick days that i need to take, or for my holidays, however I would expect to be paid for any holidays that the parents take. Six weeks holidays is quite a lot though, maybe you could get paid for 4 weeks of them, and have the other 2 as your own unpaid leave, or you could charge a half rate for the full six weeks? its up to you to decide what you are happy with, and then be firm about it. Do draw up a contract though, it will save a lot of misunderstandings and akwardness in the future. Check out Childminding Ireland if you haven´t already, and good luck!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;