Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Please help me figure out extra charge

Please help me figure out extra charge           reply
28/03/2013 16:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi, would appreciate help to figure out appropriate fee for my childminder. My 2 eldest sons have been with my childminder for 1.5 years- one is at school from 9-2 and the other at home. they are in her home for 4 days a week,8am to 6pm and I provide food. She charges €250 a week. I have had another baby and will be leaving him with his brothers from next month but when I asked what she would like to charge she said it was up to me...??? She is lovely and boys very much at home there. No quals etc and paying cash but very very happy with care. What´s fair?

re... : Please help me figure out extra charge           reply
30/03/2013 23:24 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
hi all.things can get a bit heated now and again.but at the end of the day we cant tell a minder what she should and shouldent charge.we all have set charges.i do discounts for 2 or more.people say i shouldent charge this amount.i should charge more.but its my choice.all advice i get is taken onboard though

29/03/2013 21:27 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Yes, I agree with that, maybe another 100 per week would be fair, as it´s the third child?

30/03/2013 20:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Thanks everyone for your replies,they have been really helpful

re : Please help me figure out extra charge           reply
28/03/2013 18:04 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Have a chat with her and ask her what she has in mind, based on the weekly rate you are paying for 2 children at present, if she is a very good minder and the children are happy then she is worth her weight in gold.

30/03/2013 19:02 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Hi there,
You sound very cross! Please don´t be, it´s only a discussion!
Yes I agree, 2.50 an hour seems very little when you look at it in isolation, but we are talking about three children here from the same family.
The present cost is 250 euro per week for 2 children, one of whom is at school for part of the day. Another 120 would be the aditional charge for a third, at 3 euro per hour. I felt that a discount of 20 euro per week, leaving it at 100 euro extra would be fair, I would be happy to do it for that as a minder. That would be a total of 350 euro per week, with only one set of parents to deal with!
You are of course entitled to your opinion, as we all are!
Kind Regards
Jessiemc

re : Please help me figure out extra charge           reply
29/03/2013 17:25 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
a third child for 40 hours would be about 3 euro extra an hr which works out at 120 euro extra, first child is normally 5 euro an hour n extra siblings are about 3 euro an hour each.

28/03/2013 23:50 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
it would be 3 euro for the 2nd child.thats staying with the minder for the day.probably around 280

30/03/2013 17:14 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
In response to the last post 100.00 for 40 hours works out at 2.50 an hour ??
I dont think anyone should be expected to work for 2.50 an hour irrelevant of how many children you are looking after. I charge 5.00 for one and 3.00 for all other siblings and wouldnt dream of charging any less.
If childcare cant be afforded stay at home !!

discussion forum terms & conditions

;