Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Prices

Prices           reply
19/11/2017 12:11 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
-----------------------------------
Hi 3 kids 2 school going and baby all day hours 8am to 5pm. What would i charge hourly and daily please. And also daily when kids of school. It 3 day week. In my own home. Any help greatly appreciated

re : Prices           reply
20/11/2017 17:37 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Rate varies depending on are you insured, experience, qualifications, garda vetted, current first aid, registered etc. Are you any of these?

re... : Prices           reply
20/11/2017 22:52 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Not registered. but over 20 years experience from 3 kids of my own and was regular childminding for family and neighbours

re : Prices           reply
22/11/2017 07:01 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Parents are appreciating the insurance in last few years so if you´d insurance (car and to mind) its €5 an hr per child, you could offer a daily rate with little discount if wished. Childminders with huge demand (city/large towns) would charge 50e alone for baby per day regardless of hours needed as the baby taking up a space. On other hand an uninsured childminder might be only getting 50e for your example. If your using your car/feeding the kids the rate per hour is reduced worse never mind the risk of running a service uninsured in your home or worse out on the road with domestic car insurance so actually uninsured when minded children in the car.

22/11/2017 10:08 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
I offered 4 euro an hour per child. That way when kids of school it easier to work out a full rate pay then instead of offering a daily rate and then trying to add more on if any child of school or out sick is this ok

22/11/2017 17:28 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
Aslong as your happy and have looked at your expenses than your rate is your rate. Was there any reaction from parents? I prefer a daily set rate as calculating by the hour you´ll find some parents think if drop late/collect early they´ll save. Plus it also means if one sibling off they know rate the same. Make sure they understand when theyv to pay, nb do u get paid if suddenly family member around to take the children etc. Some if not all insured childminders get paid five days even if days not used, whether set no of days agreed at contract stage or after....best get it all agreed before they start...

22/11/2017 18:29 - How Much Should I Charge or Pay
No i only get paid for hours i do with kids. If gone early i only charge till then i dont.charge for full hours. I already mind 3 school going kids for 3 hours after school one day week and there parent was more than.happy with 4 euro an hour each child he had priced after school care places and they wanted over the 200 a month from him for just wednesday afternoon every week with a friday added in every forthnight

discussion forum terms & conditions

;