Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Primary Schools in Western Suburbs of Cork?

re... : Primary Schools in Western Suburbs of Cork?           reply
07/10/2009 16:18 - School Specific
-----------------------------------
Thank you Sisi. I had heard of Mount Mercy but don´t even know of the entry procedures so I suppose I had better contact the school directly. I think the other school is in the City Centre? If so, it would be my preference not to have the children in town, especially at lunchtimes and evening times. I hope to send my boys to Glasheen School as I have had a great recommendation from a cousin of mine whose boys go there.
Thanks for the advice.

12/10/2009 10:30 - School Specific
Thank you Sisi and ulysses. I have been in touch with both schools. Hope all works out. I will let you know how I get on.Looks like I´m just on time for Mount Mercy and these two are definately our two preferred schools.

re : Primary Schools in Western Suburbs of Cork?           reply
07/10/2009 11:58 - School Specific
Hi Orinocco,

Mount Mercy College (Model Farm Road)
St. Angela´s (City Centre)

Just wondering what primary school you are thinking of sending the boys to?

I don´t have any secondary school children but I live in the area. You should check out those 2 schools.

Primary Schools in Western Suburbs of Cork?           reply
06/10/2009 20:47 - School Specific (Locality: Cork)
I am moving to Cork next summer and have heard and read some good reports of schools in the area. We will be living in the Wilton Road area. I have two primary school boys and I am pretty sure I know where I´ll send them. I just wanted to check about my daughter who is due to start secondary. Any and all advice greatly appreciated.

08/10/2009 14:41 - School Specific
Lots of the secondary schools are allocating their places early this year so you would need to get in touch asap. I believe the closing date for Mount Mercy is October 16th so you need to get an application Form asap. You would also need to make contact with Glasheen Boys´ School to assure yourself of a place as I have heard that there is particularly high demand there also next year.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;