Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education in Ireland

Schooldays.ie - Ireland's Online Resource for Parents & Teachers

Parenting & Education

× Home Parents Associations About Us

Primary school in Dundrum, Dublin 14.

Primary school in Dundrum, Dublin 14.           reply
01/06/2011 14:18 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures (Locality: Dublin South)
-----------------------------------
Hi all,
Any help would be greatly appreciated! My husband and I moved to ROI almost 3 years ago from Northern Ireland. We both have Protestant backgrounds, both christened Methodists. We now have an 18 month old daughter and need advice as to good schools in the Dundrum area. We want to send her to a National School or Educate Together. How likely are we to get a place for her?
Many thanks

re : Primary school in Dundrum, Dublin 14.           reply
07/08/2011 07:27 - Choosing a School / Application Procedures
-----------------------------------
There is a Educate Together near Nutgrove. MY BIL has his kids there and are happy with it. I think it is just one class per year and they have some after school activites and seem to be reasonably priced.
Taney has a protestant school. I don´t know much about it except It is difficult to get into here. So go straight away to put your child´s name down if you are interested. Again this is one class per year.
There is also Our Lady´s grove and St Raphael´s also. I don´t know much about them.
My suggestion is to put her name down in all of them and go to their open days and get a feel for the place.

discussion forum terms & conditions

;